Director Utility Communication - (207642)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Advise and counsel the senior executive leaders within the Utility with respect to communications issues, strategies and tactics. Lead the development and oversee coordination of internal and external communications and outreach to support all aspects of Utility communications. Oversee the development and management of strategic internal and external communications plans that support business objectives. Serve as primary spokesperson to the news media. Supervise, monitor, and coach the Utility communications staff to ensure that communications plans and processes reinforce workforce understanding and compliance with company policies and public understanding of Utility operations. Assign and manage communications resources as required in support of the Vice President, Corporate Communications. Review employee performance#CD# assign, critique and edit communication materials#CD# provide coaching and feedback#CD# motivate and set direction#CD# providing oversight#CD# and integrate communications across the business unit. Support Senior Vice President in enterprise-wide communications efforts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversight of all Utility communications activities.
- Develop creative communication vehicles and approaches in support of communications objectives.
- Advise and inform the Vice President, Corporate Communications of all communications issues and activities affecting the Utility.
- Manage regional communicators as a well-trained, integrated workforce in support of overall goals.
- Fulfill managerial responsibilities regarding assigned staff (e. g. Employment, Compensation, Performance Evaluation, etc. ) and participate as a key manager in career development, business planning and budgeting.
- Ensure quality control and consistency of communications plans, products, processes, and activities ensuring that written communications are editorially proficient.
- Coordinate external outreach: ensure strong press relations. Develop external communications strategy and public outreach designed to enhance local and Exelon corporate reputation in communities served by Utility. Oversee utility advertising and branding. Coordinate internal communications: oversee all newsletters, executive voice mails and e-mails, announcements and related employee communications.
- Work with Communication peers across Exelon utilities to share best practices and coordinate appropriate internal and external communications
-4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 12 or more years of experience in communications, journalism or a related field. .
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and editing skills.
- Broad understanding of press dynamics and organizational communications.
- Strategic thinking#CD# self-motivation and project management skills.
- High degree of interpersonal skills and communication skills in working effectively with senior management.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Oversee a staff of up to nine in the assigned Utility.
- The position requires a high degree of human relations and communication skills in working effectively with senior management.
- The position requires a Strategic advice and counsel to senior management members is a critical component of the job, developing internal and external communications to meet business needs.
- Responsible for a large communications staff and their activities
- Requires substantial outreach to media and other external audiences.
- High level of thought leadership and strategic thinking required.
- Requires ability to travel.
- Reports to Vice President.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor