People turn to Google when they travel. They discover new destinations, explore local customs, plan itineraries and share experiences with others. But travel is a complex, expensive and highly considered activity. Google can do so much more to make travel accessible to people, whether travelling locally or to the other side of the planet.
At the heart of this transformation is user experience. Our UX team includes designers, researchers, content strategists and engineers who share a passion for creating innovative and elegant products that people love. We build experiences that solve real pain points and meet fundamental user needs. Our work is grounded in a key principle that is core to Google's philosophy: Focus on the user and all else will follow.
Our approach focuses on simplifying the complex process of planning travel among flights, hotels, vacation packages and things to do at destinations. As the Director of UX for Travel, you will lead our user experience team to meaningful and mutually beneficial connections between travelers, destinations and suppliers.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, design, human-computer interaction or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience creating strategy and designing mobile and web products in the travel or transportation industry
- Experience building consumer experiences enabled by enterprise services and third-party partnerships
- Experience building highly accessible and trusted products
- Experience demonstrating clear insights, problem solving and simple solutions
- Ability to collaboratively create strategy from quantitative and qualitative research
- Ability to communicate strategy to stakeholders through influence and presence
- Ability to execute strategy collaboratively with designers, engineers and product managers
- Lead our user experience team to meaningful and mutually beneficial connections between travelers, destinations and suppliers.