You will be responsible for the Design and Research practices with a team of researchers and designers reporting to you. You will report to the VP of Product. Large enterprises and Fortune 100 customers use Limeade to deliver a great employee experience for their employees – over 2.5 million of them in over 100 countries. Creating and delivering a great user experience to all those employees on a robust platform and with a science-based, care-focused approach is the vision of the Product team. This role will be responsible for collaborating with Product Management in setting and executing on that vision. In this role, you will have a significant impact on our business as you lead the design team aimed at our product line. You must have a deep understanding of user research, design systems, web and mobile app development. You will work collaboratively with UI developers, product managers, marketers, solution and implementation architects, users and customers.
- Lead the team of product designers and researchers who are responsible for seeing product initiatives through the product lifecycle from discovery to delivery
- Lead the team in conducting user research studies and user-testing, then utilize the results to improve the customer and user experience
- Lead the team in strong design practices – develop user scenarios, user flows, interaction models, wireframes and prototypes to create the ideal user experience
- Advocate and iterate, driven by research and user testing
- Collaborate daily with product managers and developers to translate designs into shipping products
- Develop fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Lead strategies, planning and specifics around various forms of design research and usability efforts for our customer’s image experiences
- Communicate effectively with a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interaction design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Effectively communicate with authority and conviction, concepts, best practices for design and reasoning behind UX decisions to key stakeholders
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by conducting/participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data
- Work across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements
- Provide leadership in the area of application design, and user interface innovations
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an ongoing and consistent way
- 12+ years of combined relevant experience in UX design, including 3+ years as a leader of a design/research team of at least 3 people
- Desire to lead, coach and inspire teams
- Strong understanding of and experience with UI and UX (design, wireframes, mockups, information architecture, user flows)
- Deep knowledge of design languages & interface guidelines for Apple, Android, and web platforms
- Mastery in interaction design and visual design
- Understanding of responsive web design and native apps (iOS, Android)
- Strong leadership, facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Open-minded and able to incorporate constructive feedback
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- Must have a keen eye for great design.