$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
The Director, User Experience plays a vital role in making product design capabilities and features to our users that engages them and satisfies their reading needs, bringing us closer to our company goal of enabling people anywhere in the world to read more. Our products are designed by readers, dedicated to readers. We are focused on crafting the best experience possible for all people, all languages, and all devices. The Director, User Experience will be responsible for: Directing the practice for design strategy, leadership, planning, and creativity.
• Managing the Product Design Team and seeking organizational support to create a best fit product design culture.
• Enabling product designers globally (Toronto, Japan, Germany, Ireland) to influence design thinking, create their best craft, and deliver products users love.
• Working alongside various practices such as architects, developers, researchers, analysts, product management, and scrum.
• Opportunity to work on multiple platforms such as the eReader, Apps, and Responsive Web.
• Working and aligning across three different geos and timezones and being able to deal with Cultural Diversity and Differences in Cross-cultural Project Teams.
• Establishing a culture of respect and transparency.
• Directing the practice for design vision of a multi-year product roadmap.
• Directing the practice for how to integrate customer centric research findings into product design decisions.
• Directing the practice on how to ensure the agile teams' understanding of the WHY and building of the WHAT.
• Directing the practice for stakeholder workshops to drive opportunity understanding and gap analysis.
• Directing the practice for user opportunity mapping and how it provides business value.
• Directing the practice for product design discovery and definition techniques.
• Coaching and mentoring a strong team of user experience professionals.
• Ability to present effectively to large audiences and executives.
• Translating business requirements, end user needs and input from cross-functional Business units into differentiated design solutions.
• Directing the practice for design stories and design acceptance criteria.
• Directing the practice for how to measure product design release outcomes.
• Directing the practice for design optimization user stories.
• Directing the practice for how to evolve our design centric culture by focusing on user intent, user needs, and shareholder value
• Directing the practice for how to build a best in class design system and component library
• Directing the practice for our design artifacts, the status quo and competitive benchmarks
• Minimum 5 years previous experience directing design teams, shipping digital products to market, and analyzing product design outcomes.
• Minimum 11-15 years previous experience as a product designer, UX designer, information architect, interaction designer, or visual designer creating large scale application interfaces.
• Previous experience working with product management and understands how to prioritize importance.
• Previously led and shipped real products and measured UX outcomes.
• Previous UX designer with solid history and portfolio: A portfolio demonstrating artifacts such as taxonomies, flowcharts, wireframes, interaction design specs, visual design, journey maps, personas, and prototypes.
• Understand all types of UX methodologies, when to use them and when not to - Ability to set a UX vision for the team and the company to follow.
• High proficiency with Figma, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Creative Suite, and other prototyping tools.
• Ability to articulate and rationalize your concepts or process through white-boarding.
• Ability to facilitate stakeholder workshops and enable collaboration.
• Interest in user testing methodologies to help conduct studies, create protocols and present findings in an agile environment.
• Extensive experience designing Consistency for multiple form factors and platforms such as a proprietary eReading devices combined with iOS, Android, and responsive web apps.
• Excellent leadership abilities and great eye for detail / typography
• Relationship builder
• Experience working with teams in an Agile environment, using an iteration backlog, and comfortability being part of a product development team.
Nice to Haves:
• Previous experience working in eReading, ecommerce, entertainment, and software environments.
• Awareness of the capabilities of react.js, html, and css.
• University degree in Computer Science and related Technology
Valid Through: 2019-9-16