Lead the team that owns the user experience design of the Relias platform, in order to meet the capabilities of the product as defined by the business, in such a way that we assure a useful, usable, and enjoyable experience for our users.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Owning and championing a comprehensive user experience strategy that delivers best-in-class solutions in healthcare competency and training
- Leading the UX practice through process improvements and best practices, including qualitative and quantitative research, design sprints, requirements gathering, design processes, user testing, and iteration
- Balancing the requirements and priorities of the UX, product management and engineering teams to determine scope and road mapping of large-scale initiatives
- Owning an internal UX infrastructure and all associated standards, including the style guide, component library, writing, and brand guidelines
- Mentoring and managing a team of UX designers, including setting goals, managing product initiatives, leading team meetings, advocating for team needs, conducting weekly 1:1s, and discussing UX topics of interest
- Leading your team to measure product success and feature adoption using a wide variety of tools and analytics
- Working in collaboration with key project stakeholders, including: users, product owners, product managers, tech leads, and developers to understand detailed requirements and facilitate the design of complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Advocating for the importance of human-centered design practice throughout the organization.
- Contributing to team culture by demonstrating a positive attitude, team-oriented approach, leadership qualities, and openness to learning and feedback
- Being passionate and act as an organizational champion for all things UX
- Researching and showcasing knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES IF YOU HAVE:
- 7+ years of experience in UX design.
- 3+ years of experience directly managing user experience designers.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure or InVision is preferred. Basic HTML5 and CSS skills are a plus.
- Expert abilities in designing and specifying user-friendly interfaces for cross-platform devices
- A strong portfolio showing breadth of UX design work
- Expertise in all of the necessary elements in a successful user experience: information architecture, UI design, visual design, content strategy, and brand strategy
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability, and accessibility concerns
- Fluency with design tools such as Sketch, InVision and/or other UX & prototyping software
- Expertise with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Pendo, and CrazyEgg
- Exceptional skills in ideation, sketching, wireframing, and user flows
- A deep sense of empathy for users
- A gift for understanding analytics, market research, and customer insights and recognizing opportunities to improve user experience
- Expert experience with agile development process
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary technologies and their applicability to solve healthcare business problems
- Ability to learn quickly and provide leadership in an extremely dynamic environment
- Comfortability interacting at all levels of an organization and presenting to executive leadership
- Very strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence
IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Science in Human Factors, Design, or Computer Science
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure or InVision.
- Basic HTML5 and CSS skills.