Lead projects across Ally Bank, Invest, Mortgage and Auto/Dealer. In this role, you'll manage the full team of Usability & CX researchers who consult on custom research and ideation including discovery, usability testing, user interviews, persona development, focus groups, field studies, user data analysis, competitive reviews and other related research.
· Discover, develop, and evaluate new product ideas, enhancements to existing products or strategic product extensions, and translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
· Lead, plan, and track all phases of the product life cycle, from inception to introduction into the marketplace.
· Appraise new product ideas to determine their potential to address customer needs and to achieve goals in revenue growth and market share.
· Develop customer journey maps to help to tell the story of a customer'sexperience with Ally from original engagement through the customer lifecycle.
- Assesses and optimizes the performance of new and existing features by conducting usability testing, user research, and interpreting analytics data. Managing user research strategy. Be strategic and demonstrate Ally core values as you evaluate and consult on research plans, recruiting, testing methodology, and reporting.
- Partner with UX Design and Content Strategists to model the end user experience to ensure simple, efficient, and consistent user interactions.
- Be the user/customer advocate: Review and approve digital designs and provide user context and feedback from usability research.
- Develop, maintain, and champion enterprise personas to help drive customer empathy.
- Oversee management of usability lab equipment, computers, devices and software, ensuring all are up to date and functional for testing.
- Develop and implement programs to establish and maintain quality standards of existing products and services, as well as developing programs to focus employees on quality improvement.
- Develop policies, procedures and methods to check product, material, components and/or operational quality and improve same.
· Develop innovative process mapping and green sheet redesign capabilities to help us achieve significant efficiency ratio and customer satisfaction improvements across the organization.
· Deploy new / innovative customer research techniques to help us accelerate our agile time to market capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, Human Factors Engineering, Usability/Research, or Business Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Computer Science, Professional Writing or other related discipline, Masters preferred.
- At least 10 years previous work experience in:
- UX Design, Customer Experience or Qualitative Research
- Innovation/ideation with a focus on user experience, understanding consumers/users, problem solving, organizing/conducting/analyzing quantitative or qualitative research, and recommending design-oriented solutions
- Managing client relationships and complex deliverables
- Excellent team player with the ability to indirectly influence partners across the organization
- Ability to understand and communicate issues or concerns to a broad audience base
- Highly adaptable to changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- At least 7 years in a leadership role. Proven ability to:
- Lead teams to strategic customer and business-based solutions
- Communicate to help other easily understand your vision and expectations.
- Foster relationships with open dialogue.
- Critically observe, analyze and give constructive feedback on team members' work
- Visualize information effectively and tailor presentations to the audience
- Experience conducting and analyzing qualitative research: usability testing, facilitation, field research, focus groups, user interview
- Experience in survey design or quantitative analysis
- Financial Services or Automotive Industry experience
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
The Digital Transformation team is responsible for the deployment and delivery of an end to end customer experience through our Digital Channels (e.g. phone, chat, email, desktop, mobile, etc.). Digital Transformation is a team of design, product management and business operations professionals who are responsible for the strategy, execution and ongoing support of Ally's consumer and dealer online and mobile channels.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs