ECS is a rapidly growing company focusing on Cloud, Cyber and Enterprise IT. We are seeking a Director US Postal Service to build, organize, and manage our diverse project portfolio focused within our USPS account.
This is a unique opportunity because ECS has a several significant Postal contracts including a single award Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) to provide IT services across the Postal Service. This BPA, along with ECS’s leading cloud, cyber, software engineering and IT operations qualifications offer incredible opportunity to succeed.
At ECS, we understand the impact a great leader can have on our business. As such, we offer a very competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan. Here, you will be paid a generous base salary supplemented by substantial incentive compensation for growth. We are looking for a self-starter with a proven track record providing strategic guidance and driving growth across the Postal Service customer base.
You will be backed up by an elite group of highly talented technical leaders and a large USPS delivery team who are strong consultants, dedicated to innovative solution delivery.
To succeed in this role you will need a strong work ethic and must possess exceptional consulting skills, proposal writing skills, analytical skills, and account management skills. You will work directly for our Executive Vice President of Enterprise Solutions Business Unit which has a very strong entrepreneurial spirit and is run like a startup. You should expect to work hard, be creative, learn every day, roll your sleeves up to get the job done, perform many hands on diverse activities daily, and be excited by the idea of continuing to build something amazing.
The role of a Director US Postal Service has significant influence at ECS. You will interact directly with the executive team of ECS and help shape the strategic direction of our business.
If you are a proven individual with exceptional USPS experience and are excited by virtually limitless growth, ECS is the place to be!
Business Development Expectations:
• Identify, pursue and capture new business opportunities that meet or exceed published business development objectives.
• Develop new client relationships across Postal Service which have a qualified potential to lead to new business.
• Lead the evaluation of business opportunities and recommends bid/no bid positions; prepares and briefs milestone reviews.
• Serve as Capture Lead on new proposal efforts.
Client Delivery Expectations:
• Successfully manage the delivery of all projects at the Postal Service.
• Successfully manage the delivery of our contracts to meet and exceed the terms and conditions of the contract and client expectations.
• Successfully manage sub-contractors to ensure they meet delivery expectations and adhere to ECS sub-contractor management processes.
• Recruit, manage, assess, mentor and retain employees.
• Meet or exceed approved financial targets for each engagement.
• Adhere to established processes and published methodologies.
Account Management Expectations:
• Establish and maintain effective relationships at various levels within the customer community, including USPS, industry primes, and technology vendors.
• Successfully develop and maintain relationships with senior and executive level clients.
• Develop a deep understanding of client business processes, challenges, environment and opportunities.
• Prepare and conduct Monthly Account and opportunity Reviews.
• Introduce, guide and consult with client on contracting issues to support future growth.
In order to be successful in this role, candidate should have the following skills, experience, and credentials:
US Postal Service Experience Expectations:
• At least 8+ years of experience developing business and/or delivering services for the US Postal Service
Client Delivery Expectations:
• Program/project management experience on large, complex full lifecycle client engagements including experience successfully managing multiple $5M+ projects simultaneously.
• At least 12+ years of professional IT experience, including managing complex application development and IT operations projects
• Experience creating comprehensive program schedules, and closely managing the program team to successful completion.
• Ability to obtain commitments for tasks/deliverables from persons or groups within and outside of the program team
• Ability to work with client to drive product (feature / quality / cost) and program (schedule / development expense / staffing) tradeoffs within the program and effect necessary changes in program plans and supporting functional groups
• Ability to identify and monitor program risks, assess impact, and plan / implement mitigation and contingency plans
• Ability to communicate program progress, issues and recommendations to senior management through bi-weekly progress reviews
Business Development qualifications:
• Ability to independently identify, pursue and capture new business and organic growth opportunities in excess of $8M per year.
• Lead account planning and strategic business development activities to identify new target areas and business opportunities.
• Build, manage and report a pipeline of new business and organic growth opportunities using an automated pipeline tool.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following Account Management knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategic business relationships with senior management and key decision makers across the Postal Service.
• Ability to develop account plans which identify organizational, competitive, technology and delivery factors that influence future growth.
Core Consulting Qualifications:
• Excellent technical and business writing capabilities.
• Excellent communication skills with the demonstrated ability to explain technical solutions to senior decision makers.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative analysis skills.
• Strong understanding of current trends and emerging technologies.
• Experience with Cloud and Cyber integration, operations and capturing new opportunities within the Federal Government market.
Req #: 3542