Parsippany, New Jersey, US, 07054
Company: Teva Pharmaceuticals
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
The position is responsible for leading the strategic and tactical dimensions of Teva’s US Generics Commercial Contracting function and manages Teva’s US Generics Contract Management team by driving the strategic vision for the US Generics contracting function and coordinating tactical delivery of contract documents to Teva’s external customers and internal functional areas. Key internal stakeholders include US Generics Commercial leadership team, US Generics contract administration group, Legal, Sales, the Revenue Optimization and Contract Compliance group, Finance, and Internal Audit. Key external stakeholders include Teva’s strategic customers, wholesale and retail alliances, mail order and group purchasing organization (GPO) customers, and Outside Auditors. The successful candidate will (i) demonstrate the ability to shift between strategic and tactical thinking, (ii) have high quality experience in US generic pharmaceutical contracting, (iii) exhibit strong leadership competencies and the ability to work through a cross functional matrix, (iv) have proven and strong negotiating skills and (v) have the ability to react quickly to changing priorities in a fast-moving environment.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any incumbents with reasonable accommodation if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in other related duties or assignments.
- Lead a team of Contract Managers, specifically with regard to daily workload, compliance and technical issues. Directly responsible for all internal/external audits affecting the group, all questions from internal/external customers; and short and longer-term projects assigned to the group. Build effective internal and external client relationships in order to create and manage external customer contract documents that best serve the needs of Teva and its customers
- Manage contract activity including strategic analysis, drafting, negotiating and coordination of contract documents for internal and external customers. Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of contract related information to all interested parties both internal and external to Teva. Coordinate efforts with Teva Legal, Finance, Sales and others in drafting agreements and amendments, and implementing processes/systems to help organize and manage contract documents
- Manage the entry and maintenance of all department documents in the appropriate repository, including compliance with established naming conventions, entry & upkeep of department tracking logs
- Present integrated terms and conditions analyses to key internal and external customers.
- Ensure contract accuracy and completeness in line with contract administration activities, including chargebacks, returns and rebates
- Align with Teva senior management in order to expand competency and understanding of Teva’s standard agreement template content, structure and development.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related area of technical expertise or Bachelor’s degree and Law Degree, with legal practice experience focused on commodity contracting in pharmaceutical or health care space.
- 10+ years progressive experience in a sales/marketing, contracts administration or business development setting including business/financial analysis, project management, presentation and relationship building experience, or experience with creation and development of legal contracts.
- 5+ years experience in a contracts administration role, including experience writing contract terms and conditions; contracting experience in generic pharmaceuticals or related commodity markets and proven generic pharmaceutical customer/manufacturer contract negotiation experience.
- 3+ years leadership experience, showing evidence of ability to grow and develop a team of contracting professionals.
- Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed: Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Workshare Compare
- External contract system experience preferred, but not mandatory
- General understanding/knowledge of the inner workings of pharmaceutical contract management review process. Demonstrated ability to understand value drivers in commodity contracting is critical.
- Company/Industry Related Knowledge: General understanding/knowledge of generic and brand pharmaceutical industry. Understanding of standard terms and incentives offered to industry customers is mandatory.
- Recognizes and diagnoses problems quickly and identifies appropriate solutions.
- Involves others in diagnosing organizational needs and designing solutions.
- Makes informed, rational decisions and recommendations and takes accountability for them.
- Demonstrates ability to generate business-case analytics and make appropriate recommendations on the basis of findings.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish good working relationships at all levels of the company both domestically and globally.
- Identifies, understands, and meets customer needs and expectations with creative solutions that add value.
- Is comfortable working across functional areas to break down silos and adopt/adapt to best practices gleaned from colleagues in other functional areas of the business.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the legal environment of contract law, applicable regulations and the policies of the organization relative to contracts administration. Complete understanding of all subscribed audits – how they work and required maintenance.
- Stays current, understands, and applies technical and professional skills and competencies to perform the full job.
- Organization & Planning: Must have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize requirements independently.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage and coordinate multiple high priority projects effectively and ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to present ideas articulately. Promotes and maintains open communication channels, both vertically and cross-functionally