Job ID 565162BR
Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products seeks a Director, Disney University Operations to join the Human Resources team. The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), together with its subsidiaries, is a diversified worldwide entertainment company with 2013 annual revenues of $45 billion.
The Disney University provides training and leadership development programs to our Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products Cast, Crew, and Imagineers. By teaching and training, we ensure the success of the rich heritage, culture and traditions of the Walt Disney Company. From the first day on the job to senior leadership learning and development, the Disney University is a vital part of the learning journey for all Cast Members.
The Director drives strategy and operation al excellence leading to the flawless delivery of transformational learning experiences that enhance employee engagement and business results. This position will partner with functional HR professionals and manage and develop a team of highly skilled professionals. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a combination of strong business acumen and significant expertise in strategy development, process improvement, leadership, learning and operations.
- Defining the strategy and execution of learning programs including leadership development, onboarding, college program and technical trainings
- Lead and develop a team of diverse learning and development professionals across multiple sites
- Partner with HR, business leaders, segment learning partners and the enterprise learning team to assess learning needs and identify learning solutions that will drive employee engagement and business results.
- Develop operational roadmaps to ensure seamless experiences for program participants including facility management of the Disney University
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation in content and delivery of learning to meet the rapidly evolving needs of the business through gap analysis and best practice research
- Develop processes and tools for alignment, communication, success measurement and sustainment
- 10 + years of experience in a combination of Strategy Development, Learning & Development, Operations, Leadership Development or Process Improvement
- 5 + years of experience in leading and developing staff professionals
- 5+ years of experience leading in operational environment preferred
- Dynamic leadership capabilities and experience developing high performing individuals to achieve their best potential
- Advanced understanding of Learning & Development theory and application, with the ability to adapt traditional approaches to meet stakeholder needs
- Demonstrated ability to think globally and work with a variety of Cast populations
- Demonstrated experience driving operational excellence
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data and develop innovative and holistic solutions
- Proven ability to articulate a succinct and compelling point of view that incorporates business language with relevant examples
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues/areas that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Highly innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
- Excellent relationship, interpersonal, and influencing skills with clients and colleagues; Embraces teamwork and shares ideas/methods to improve performance
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners
- Demonstrated strong and developed presentation skills with ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Org Psychology, Organization Development, Learning, Business Administration or related field
- MBA / Masters or PhD in in a related field preferred