Summary / Description
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Practice Director interested in joining our team in New Orleans, LA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The USDA NFC Practice Director will be located in New Orleans, LA and is responsible for the overall success of the NFC IT Pillars Program. The Practice Director is responsible for three key areas: Business Development, to include identifying, positioning, pursuing new opportunities and growing the NFC business across USDA per our business plan; Account Delivery, to include successful delivery of all active work in a financially responsible manner per our financial plan; and Customer Relationship Management, to include successfully building and managing key customer relationships at the senior leader and executive levels in the Department and Agencies, ultimately resulting in being recognized as a trusted business advisor by key customer decision makers.
The USDA NFC Practice Director will manage the delivery and implementation of a broad range of services through the full engagement lifecycle. Direct the concurrent activities of multiple engagement teams. Manage a team of people, including their training, development, performance and career path. Advocate and model a strong focus on performance management, development, career growth, engagement, and diversity within the practice. Function as an expert in one or more domains. Demonstrate marketable expertise in at least two market segments and/or functional/technical areas of specialization. Forecast, plan, implement and review financial and people resources in order to meet defined business requirements in line with company strategic plans, targets and objectives. Define intermediate goals and contingencies. Communicate in an open, candid, clear, complete and consistent manner. Listen well and give full attention when others are speaking. Demonstrate maturity, self-confidence and self-control in formal and informal interactions.
- Fifteen years’ experience in the IT industry with at least ten years’ experience in managing project/program delivery within the Federal Government. This includes significant experience with large data center and infrastructure programs including: experience starting and leading customer engagements; program and business operations; resourcing; scheduling; training; vendor and service provider management; and information sharing.
- Experience in building and growing a profitable business
- Excellent financial management skills, including experience with large IT programs
- Ability to coordinate appropriate support from internal support organizations, including procurement, contracts, finance, legal, sales, and account leadership
- Experience developing winning proposals and associated services and solutions in the Federal Government marketplace
- Ability to manage and provide oversight for proposal development and delivery, including solution compliance, deadline submission assurance, and quality and risk management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to gain the confidence, respect and trust of your team as well as of senior executives in Government
- Ability to work effectively with partners and peers
- Passion for building a winning organization
- High degree of intelligence with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong reputation for fairness, dependability and adherence to high ethical standards
- Track record for building outstanding teams
- Relevant certifications in Project Management Professional (PMP) and IT Services Management (ITIL v3 Foundation certification)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with IT infrastructure (server, storage, network, security) operations
- Experience with cloud infrastructures and cloud-based service delivery
- Experience with DevOps
- Working knowledge of SOA best practices
- Direct experience with Department of Agriculture, NFC strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of IT operational procedures, processes, and automation technologies
- Active in Government/Industry partnership organizations, such as AFCEA, AFFIRM, ACT/IAC or TechAmerica
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher in a related discipline