At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Underwriter IV (US-Corp, Mid-Corp, Sponsor)
Capital One is a Top 10 U.S. Commercial Bank that services a $65 billion loanportfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Capital One’s U.S. Corp/Mid-Corp/Sponsor group provides financing to medium to large companies for mergers and acquisitions, corporate growth, balance sheet re-financings and recapitalizations.
We are looking for a Director level candidate with strong leveraged lending experience to provide credit management leadership to cross-functional deal teams in underwriting private equity transactions, as well as large corporate transactions for public and private companies. This includes, but is not limited to, deal due diligence, compliance, negotiation, approval and documentation. You coach and develop junior underwriting professionals.
- Plays a key role completing and presenting pre-screen memos, credit approval memos, collateral analysis, cash flow modeling, and risk rating assessment.
- Leads or directly involved in underwriting and documenting structured loan transactions. Performs underwriting diligence, including industry research, company research, identifying a borrower’s performance drivers, projecting future corporate and asset performance and anticipated ability to repay debt, as well as assessing how stress cases impact the credit.
- Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate credit, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
- Maintain detailed financial models; develop sensitivity analysis around key economic drivers.
- Maintain all operational aspects of a transaction from deal initiation to close.
- Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
- Coaches and develops junior team members.
- Partners with Relationship Managers to cultivate excellent client relationships. Exhibits a sense of urgency towards meeting client requests while also meeting acceptable risk parameters.
- Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures.
- Evaluate risk/return dynamics for proposed transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 8 years of financeexperience or at least 8 years of accounting experience
- Master's Degree and/or CFA
- Experience in gaming, lodging and leisure sector
- At least 2 years of experience leading legal documentation negotiations
- At least 3 years of leveraged lending experience
- Demonstrated superior leadership with ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Able to work in a team environment, while interacting with multiple teams and multiple deals concurrently.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills.
- Strong background in financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- High partnership and strong risk management orientation.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.