The purpose of the role is to define and deliver on the architectural vision for various projects and products that enable Fidelity to serve its customers. You will utilize your technical capability along with your domain expertise to develop innovative solutions. You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple opportunities and interacting with both technology and business partners. The ability to range from code and detailed technical work to engaging with senior management and business teams will be critical to your success.
Advance Process Solutions is an organization focused on process improvements for Fidelity's critical business processes and driving significant improvements in those processes – both local to individual businesses and across the enterprise. This role is a key driver in building and improving our tool chest in our process redesign, engineering, and optimization efforts across the firm.
The Expertise You Have
- BS or Master's in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems Engineering or Mathematics.
- 8+ years of technology experience in one of the following: software development or architecture.
- Experience of agile development cycle using Scrum, including backlog development, iteration planning, and iteration tracking.
- Proven success in evaluating and implementing third party software products including open source and cloud-based products from vendors such as AWS, Microsoft or Google.
- Deep expertise in UI technologies like Angular, bootstrap, GraphQL. Full stack implementation of UI with optimized server patterns for performance and user experience.
- Proven knowledge of the Financial Services or Workflow industry.
- TOGAF training or certification would be a plus.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision and be a standout colleague.
- Experience or certification in Cloud-based (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) Architecture.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external technology teams.
The Value You Deliver
- Strategies in cloud technologies and practices, building applications using services such as AWS S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, Cloud Formation. Experience with containers and well-grounded in the knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Specialization in data ingestion, data lake and data modelling capabilities
- You will identify, assess, and explain the technologies and trends that will matter most to Fidelity three to five years from now.
- It is encouraged that the proposed Future State Architecture has been validated by a number of high-value proofs-of-concept.
- Passion for new technology and hunger to gain expertise quickly.
- Ability to synthesize multiple information sources.
- Drive target architecture for various solutions in APS (Advanced Process Solutions)
- Develop prototypes and spearhead solutions in MVP, iterative approach.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments at once.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the architecture space and become a trusted partner within APS and the enterprise architecture community.
- Help Fidelity business units understand their opportunities to apply these technologies.