Director, U.S. Benefits will lead the overall planning, design, communication, and administration of all U.S. benefit plans including self-funded health and welfare plans, voluntary benefits, retirement plans, and wellness programs. Responsibilities include plan design and administration, annual enrollment, compliance, vendor management, creating and maintaining operational processes, updating policies and procedures, budget management, completing projects, and managing the benefits department.
- Plan, design, implement and manage all benefit programs for U.S. employees and provide recommendations to senior leadership which support the organization's strategic objectives. This includes:
- Health & Welfare (i.e. medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life, STD and LTD) policies and procedures
- Retirement (i.e. 401(k) Plan, Deferred Compensation Plan, retiree medical and pension plans) policies and procedures
- Wellness programs in coordination with Health & Welfare plans
- Voluntary Benefits
- Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the Benefits team. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding all benefits and compliance issues.
- Manage all third party vendors and consultants. Hold them accountable for delivering against their metrics and ensure platforms/systems delivers exceptional service to our employees.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that helps educate employees about benefit design and plan cost/value.
- Ensure benefit plan compliance with all regulations, including acting in response to new/changing laws and ensuring plan documents and SPDs are updated
- Perform analysis and recommendations on executive presentations and special projects, including value/risk analysis on due diligence acquisitions.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Skills
- Master's degree preferred with a minimum of bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- 8-10 years of benefits experience including in-depth knowledge and understanding of employee benefits administration, including knowledge of medical, dental, life, disability, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, HSA, and 401(k) plans, as well as knowledge of benefit regulations and compliance (including ERISA, FMLA, ACA, HIPAA, SPDs, tax filing requirements, fee disclosures, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent planning and organizational ability to plan and prioritize work activities and multiple projects for self and work teams, develop realistic action plans, and use time and resources efficiently to accomplish objectives within established time periods
- Strong analytical skills as well as superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and management.
- CEBS or CBP certification preferred.