This position contributes to company's success by providing operational leadership and administrative expertise for the overall domestic and global transportation function. The position establishes global standards for all transportation operational policies and procedures as well as all global freight payment and global transportationfinancial metrics. Plans and manages inputs to the global freight AOP and operational initiatives that create supply chain value. Models and acts in accordance with company's guiding principles.
- Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together
- Includes leadership of financial metrics for global freight contracts and accountability for freight audit, payment and freight claims standards of an annual spend totaling $15MM
- Responsible for transportation management systems recommendations and standards
- Builds/maintains effective relationships with planning, distribution, finance, IT, to implement an integrated approach to transportation operations effectiveness and freight payment
- Monitors operations and financial best practices to ensure success across a complex transportationnetwork including the impact of technological advancements, especially in regards to TMS (transportation management systems) and FAP (freight audit and payment) systems
- Sets and utilizes operational and financial KPI’s
- Recommends and executes operational and financialtransportation service changes
- Acts as company ambassador to internal and external business partners
- Accountable for enterprise freight, audit, payment and claims process
- Keeps current on industry financial trends and communicates potential impact
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- A focus on an operational orientation and with ability to set dynamic, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement.
- Decisive in actions and able to develop a culture of operational excellence.
- Quality execution skills, the insight to identify problems early, and the ability to innovate within a traditional industry will be critical to success.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Pro-actively identifies and plans mid and long term transportation needs; recommending optimum infrastructure/strategies; identifying appropriate in sourcing/outsourcing options.
- Responsible for the 3-5 years enterprise global transportation strategic plan.
- Drive continuous improvement capabilities for inbound transportation supply chain processes.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Manages multiple 3PL transportation providers in North America (consolidation/deconsolidation/merge-in-transit, ETC) and port operations
Business Requirements - Providing operational expertise and executing financial reporting and payment responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial inputs into the AOP for all global freight movements.
- Provides systems, process, financial standards and operational proficiencies freight movement.
- Ensuring that all transportation operations and systems comply with local PRO, health, safety, environmental/risk management legislation as well as with Corporate Policies.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement process re-engineering with a hands on approach
- Stays current with trends, regulations and initiatives regarding transportation.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners in operations and administration.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results.
- Recruits, develops and organizes world class transportation expertise.
- Experience in transportation/logistics in a fast moving distribution, consumer goods or retail company (7-10 years)
- Operations leadership position with responsibility for significant financialreporting/spend management (7 years)
- Experience with transportation management systems, freight payment systems and implementation of these systems (7 years)
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering
- Expertise in transportation sourcing, procurement, and contract management
- Experience managing third party transportation providers
- Computer proficiency with all Microsoft applications
- Working knowledge of DOT, OSHA, Food Safety Regulations and compliance