With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondel?z International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you’ll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working “from farm to shelf,” you’ll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
NA Transportation aims to strategically support business growth and deliver value through the operational execution of Transportation from both a strategy and execution position. NA Transportation is responsible for all safety, service and cost key performance initiatives of MDLZ.
1. 2018 Accountable Spend $932 MM or 5.2% GP
• WHD $134 MM
• DSD $320 MM
• Customization $55 MM
• Waste $75 MM
• Transportation $348 MM
2. 2018 Productivity $45MM
• Transportation $26 MM
• DSD $9.7MM
• WHD $10.3MM
The Director NA Transportation is a key position within CS&L, with end-to-end responsibility for serving our Customers and delivering our cost profile to Integrated Supply Chain. The role has responsibility for ensuring that the right product gets to right place at the right time and is the last facing to our Customers. Mexico and Canada are becoming a significant part of supplying or network, so the ability to work across different countries is critical.
The role is required to bring strategic oversight and operational execution to the organization ensuring the optimum Transportation solutions from source to delivery, while supporting various routes-to-market. Effective operational management is required to balance safety, service & cost.
The role works collaboratively with key business partners to ensure effective management, timely solutions and execution. The role also works closely with our field network and partners to ensure end-to-end supply chain execution. Externally, the role is responsible for the operational management of third party logistics vendors and other Stakeholders necessary to perform and deliver the requirements of the role.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director NA Transportation manages excellence in network design, delivery and performance management. The role is a balanced between strategic orientation and operational execution. The role will lead, develop and provide the following deliverables with a highly engaged team:
1. Lead and Manage the Strategic buy of $350+ MM annually for the U.S.
• Lead and manage team members, enabling an environment for high performance and high engagement around service and cost.
• Optimize team structure, role definition and talent development including recruitment and succession planning.
• Define objectives and support to ensure delivery, providing day-to-day guidance to ensure operational execution.
• Ensure key skills development.
• Facilitate the formal and informal feedback processes during DMS and PxP Calibration.
• Develop and implement cultural behaviors including ‘Service & Cost’ as a priority.
2. Lead and Manage the Strategic buy of $170+ MM NA Fleet – Tractors, Trailers, Fairlawn Fleet:
• Support the field in ensuring they have the fleet needed to safely service the customers with the best equipment.
• Manage the relationships with the multiple vendors supporting our fleet strategy targeting BIC service, cost and support.
• Engage the industry to ensure we have the best truck and tools; focusing on technology to drive safety, compliance and service.
• Manage the vendors and field locations to achieve; Safety goals, PM currency/quality, service and cost expectations.
• Performance to AC in support of the strategy of the field locations and SCR initiatives.
• Consolidation of services reducing our dependency on numerous vendors to support our business and leverage scale.
3. Direct Store Delivery (DSD) Routing:
• Process the 9000 daily orders.
• Route the 700+ daily trucks to our customers.
• Ensure our 39,000 weekly deliveries are meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
• Consultant to Field Sales and Logistics through value added services.
• Ensure DSD Routing delivers quality output.
• Develop team members in their current role and prepare them for future contributions.
• Partner with Field CS&L to deliver financial objectives via quality routing.
• Deliver service - measure through Key KPI's: Route Compliance, Labor, Routing Efficiencies Ensure Organization Evolution: Router growth, RCA value, Team Lead Leadership.
4. NA Ocean & Air Freight Optimization:
• Centralized SME, manage all end to end inbound ocean/air logistics activity into North America to ensure product availability.
• Engage all stakeholders i.e. Supply Planning, Finance, Distribution to drive financial, operational improvements and understanding.
• Provide stability and improve overall health of ocean inbound process and maintain vendor compliancy.
• Collaborate with ISC Finance to develop ocean freight accrual process
• Mapping of end to end inbound ocean process.
• Team with Trans Procurement to install control tower logistics partner and improve visibility by developing ocean KPI's.
• High spend work-stream utilized to service our Customers from around the world – both from a RP&WIP pov and finished goods position.
5. NA Customer Freight - Service and Cost:
• Manage Cost and ensure flawless execution in delivering our financial commitments.
• Strengthen Service and deliver all primary KPI metrics (GOTD = 96.5%, CRDD = 90.5%, ORDD = 85.0%, RGE = 94.5%, TAA = 99.0%)
• Engage with all facets of the supply chain to ensure E2E strategies are a focal point of ongoing collaboration and execution.
• Deliver strong carrier partnerships both operationally and strategically, safety, service and cost KPI's.
• Develop a sustainable recognition program for our transportation suppliers.
• Leading role in reinventing an annual Carrier Partner Review & Recognition Summit.
• Organize a core committee who will coordinate and develop our plan for 2018.
6. Inbound Transportation Design
• Reduction of Detention & Demurrage on both Ex-Works and DDP suppliers.
• Collaborate with Salinas on Inbound scorecard.
• Develop deep transportation knowledge on our processes in Toledo. i.e. Project Tequila.
• Inbound logistics 4PL solution & identify supplier to support Salinas - Daily, Weekly & Monthly DMS Scorecard of monthly results.
• Educate the organization on how Toledo moves and/or opportunity for improvement.
• Develop supply chain strategy and define and implement an optimized network logistics solution to meet the needs of the business, ensuring an effective and efficient operating structure.
• Build information and insights to understand daily and hourly DMS KPI’s.
• Undergraduate Degree Minimum & Graduate Degree a benefit within Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Business, Finance or other relevant subject matter.
• 10+ years senior level experience in ISC/CS&L/Manufacturing
• Demonstrable supply chain strategy and execution capability
• Extensive knowledge of network design and logistics
• Experience of Customer Services and Customer collaboration
• Experience of leading and motivating a high-performance Team
• Strong communication and relationship skills
• Procurement Experience in both the Direct and Indirect Buy
• Strong supply chain analytical capability
• Financial budget planning, analysis and reporting skills
• Ability to write business reports and undertake presentations
• Ability to define, manage, and deliver supply chain projects
• Ability to collaborate and work as a Team in a matrix organization
• Entrepreneurial approach with focus on continuous improvement