Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Director, BMT Sales will help build, lead, motivate and develop a team of high performing Bone Marrow Transplant Account Managers, and will be responsible for meeting or exceeding all assigned goals while maintaining compliance with Jazz’s Policies. The Director, BMT Sales will report to the Vice President of Hematology/Oncology Sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead national sales team activities including: recruiting, hiring, training, development, performance evaluation, and compliance
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the Transplant (Veno-Occlusive Disease (VOD)/Defitelio business) assigned sales targets and aligning field activities to the strategic initiatives of the brand
- Accountable for analyzing trends that build short and long term business plans to meet/exceed sales goals and drive sales growth
- Coach and set clear expectations for Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Account Managers in line with Jazz’s sales model to drive sustained improvement in core sales competencies; this to include product as well as relevant reimbursement/fulfillment skills sets
- Partner with cross functional teams to provide key insights in developing and executing appropriate business strategies/tactics that drive access to the brand and support the brand objectives
- Partner with Sales Operations on data input and analysis of transplant area and other customer profile information to ensure appropriate resources are deployed
- Responsible for allocating and managing assigned budget
- Build and sustain relationships with the Transplant Key Opinion Leaders
- Set clear expectations for utilization of approved promotional materials
- Communicate competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management
Core Competencies / Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- The BMT Sales Director will have a team of Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Account Managers as direct reports.
- Supervisory responsibility includes recruiting and hiring talented sales staff and leading effective performance, by providing feedback, coaching and development opportunities.
- As a member of the Jazz Sales leadership team, the candidate will need to demonstrate appropriate leadership, communication and strategic skills, commensurate with a Director level position
- Maintain composure and diplomacy when working under pressure, deadlines, and tenuous or ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to tactfully handle various situations and make decisions in a professional and unbiased manner
- Ability to travel nationally to work with team members and key accounts as needed, as well as attend internal and external meetings.
- Key conference attendance includes but not limited to; BMT Tandem, ASH, COG, and other Regionally focused conferences as appropriate
Education, Experience & Training Required
- B.S./B.A. (advanced degree a plus)
- Minimum of 8years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Minimum of 5 years of sales management experience, with relevant experience in the Hematology/Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant and/or Rare Disease markets
- Cross functional experiencerequired (e.g., Marketing, Market Access, Sales Training, Sales Operations)
- Demonstration of strong leadership skills and a track record of delivering exceptional business results
- Proven ability to recruit, hire and retain top Hematology/Oncology sales talent
- Demonstration of superior coaching skills that drive improvements in sales behaviors and staff development
- Documented experience and success in launching and growing innovative Hematology/Oncology products
- Demonstrated understanding of transplant/hematology products and marketplace
- In-depth knowledge of Inpatient Hospital environment
- Extensive knowledge of the payer landscape in the assigned product area and the factors that drive access and product pull through
- Experience with Hematology/Oncology and/or Transplant medications and both DRG and Transplant pathways
- Possess superior presentation, organization, administrative and communication skills
- Project professional and polished impression
- Familiar with trade relations, reimbursement environment, government programs, managed care, and formulary