The Associate Director, Cancer Biology partners with clinicians, product managers, and key opinion leaders to transform oncology products. Has a passion for using genomic data to advance healthcare
- Work with clinicians, product managers, and key opinion leaders to transform product requirements into technical specifications for future oncology products using circulating tumor DNA
- Collaborate with molecular biologists, computational biologists, and statisticians to build research strategies that solve challenging problems
- Perform genomic analysis to explore biological, scientific, and clinical questions in oncology and translating results to impact patient care
- Collaborate with external partnerships, include academics, biotechnology companies, pharmaceutical companies
- Communicate results and findings of analyses to academic researchers and collaborate to publish findings in high impact journals
- Work with business and biological teams to understand the research landscape and technology options
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- The employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- The employee must pass a post-offer criminal background check
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Oncology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, or equivalent required. M.D beneficial.
- 6+ years of scientific research to support clinical studies.
- Prior leadership of a scientific or clinical team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Solid scientific understanding or education background in oncology – including diagnostics and therapeutics
- Knowledgeable and experience in the use and optimization of novel technologies and understand the competitive landscape
- Knowledge of Cancer from both molecular genomics and clinical perspective
- Working knowledge of genomics sequencing analysis techniques
- Knowledge of data mining and statistical analysis tools
- Experience collaborating and communicating with outside stakeholders, including companies, KOLs, and academic experts preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills will be needed in our fast-paced team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
- Travel required for this position:
- No __ or Yes X: If yes state anticipated percent for travel: 15%
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.