About the Role
In FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment we focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
Our Business Transformation, Transactions Services team helps our clients across the entire life cycle by bringing our on-point industry and deal expertise to conduct due diligence, integrate, value, and provide key communications around all aspects of the transaction. Our team offers competitive advice and support by evaluating the risk/return considerations in all stages of the deal continuum.
What You’ll Do
- Manage buy- or sell-side private equity or corporate clients and uncover EBITDA improvement opportunities within the transaction perimeter or stemming from contemplated downstream integration.
- Evaluate and validate EBITDA improvement opportunities by rapidly absorbing and analyzing data, and synthesizing hypotheses that result in growing the top line or reducing cost.
- Perform multi-faceted quantitative analyses on synergy or standalone targets from virtually every industry.
- Model the anticipated performance improvements comprehensively, assessing potential implications on adjacent processes and businesses, understanding associated risk and estimating cost-to-achieve.
- Leverage research tools to benchmark performance and uncover market insights and trends.
- Identify missing information and data, and find creative ways of filling in the gaps.
- Discover underlying trends and zoom in by priority on what matters the most for our clients and what would have the biggest impact.
How You’ll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance and expand your background across mergers, integrations, and carve-outs and engagement management and project delivery; while also gaining valuable management and developmental experience. You will have the opportunity to partner with our internal teams and diverse clients across various industries and continue to grow in new and complex functional areas and technologies.
Basic Qualifications/Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 3+ years of related work experience in Operational Due Diligence.
- Advanced Excel modelling and PowerPoint skills.
- Understanding of financial statements, corporate functions and underlying revenue, cost and operational performance drivers.
- Understanding of market & commercial dynamics and customer profitability drivers
- Ability to travel on short notice.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance