$200K — $250K *
At BDO, we believe our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice offers the potential for career advancement in an environment that emphasizes talent retention. BDO’s TAS leadership prioritizes each team member’s professional and personal development. By choosing BDO, you are joining not only a high growth profitable practice, but also a culture of helping people thrive every day. You will play a key part in continuing to grow the #1 Most Active M&A Advisor Globally and the #1 Due Diligence Provider (as recognized by PitchBook and Mergemarket) in the U.S.
We are invested in innovation, embedding cutting-edge and sophisticated data analytics tools into our engagement process, which allows our teams to provide our clients with deeper insights to make critical decisions. Our philosophy and holistic approach to servicing our M&A clients are designed to maximize the outcome of their transactions. As a TAS professional at BDO you will be a critical component of this effort, collaborating with other practice areas to offer our clients an array of pre- and post-transaction services. We have an important story to tell, one that is unique to BDO and one that we believe is the most compelling in the public accounting and professional services arena. We couldn’t be more excited about sharing our story with you.
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) Director is an essential team member that will work to ensure financial due diligence engagements are executed timely and that client expectations are met, if not exceeded and support the overall delivery of the national TAS strategy.
The TAS Director will lead multiple client engagement teams, supporting all elements of execution as well as developing and maintaining client relationships. The TAS Director will also assume practice development responsibilities, including business development, risk management , resource planning, performance management, and cross-selling other BDO services. A qualified candidate should have excellent leadership and technical skills, be results oriented, and have a tenacious work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent required
- MBA desirable
- At least ten(10) years of prior financial statement related professional services experience, of which at least five (5) years has been spent in a dedicated TAS environment, to include complex national and multi-national buy and sell side transactions. Carve-out experience desirable
- Prior experience interacting and working directly with C-level personnel preferred
- Big 4 or other top tier consulting firm experience preferred
- CPA required
- Strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills required
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Excellent project management and communication skills, as well as a sense of urgency and drive to help the company service its clients
- Demonstrated ability to lead engagements, support/supervise staff and respond to client needs
- Solid knowledge of technical accounting areas such as US GAAP
- Exhibit an executive presence and strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, specifically business writing aptitude
- Proven ability to initiate and maintain solid relationships with all levels of client personnel, as well as utilizing network and industry relationships to identify business development opportunities
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment either independently or within a team dynamic while effectively managing unexpected issues and/or questions in a professional manner
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Valid through: 12/14/2021