General Purpose of the Role
The Director of Training will provide leadership and direction to ensure group results for Sales and Account Management training initiatives. The Director will direct the development, implementation and evaluation of their assigned complex training plans/programs, curriculum and materials. They will also provide subject matter expertise and ongoing monitoring of assigned training programs and curriculum effectiveness and organizational readiness.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure group results for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and provides leadership to continually improve the capability and results for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs a group & complex training activities including development, implementation & evaluation of complex training plans/programs for their assigned area(s) of responsibility to meet departmental training objectives & organizational readiness needs.
- Directs and/or develops complex and/or comprehensive training materials, manuals, procedures and/or visual aids which meet the objectives of their assigned area(s)s of responsibility.
- Identifies and prioritizes complex/comprehensive training needs and requirements in collaboration with business stakeholders and management of their assigned area(s).
- Directs ongoing assessments of training effectiveness with the key focus on accelerating/enhancing productivity, engagement and quality and recommends complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as necessary.
- Directs, conducts and/or participates in complex training projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages and oversees and may develop the budget for their area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a training subject matter expert and partners with management and/or business stakeholders to support successful application of skills learned from training curriculum for on the job effectiveness
- Recommends appropriate training and/or coaching reinforcement support for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
- 7+ Years experience in training that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience (Required )