About the CompanyNuveen is theinvestment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independentinvestment processes across the firm, but also the insights,risk management, analytics andother tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work inpartnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure theirfinancial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website atwww.Nuveen.comAbout the GroupTIAAInvestments is a global asset manager focused on achieving the best-possible long-termrisk-adjusted returns for its clients. Itsinvestments in active,quantitative and index strategies span global fixed income,equity, andresponsibleinvestment.About the PositionTIAAInvestments is seeking aSeniorTrader in its Global Fixed Income Group for our New York, NYlocation. The successful candidate will be anexperienced, energetic and extremely flexible individual and a contributing member of a highly successful group of professionals focused oninvesting in Emerging Market and, to a lesser extent, Developed Market bonds. The team manages the Sovereign, Quasi-Sovereign, Corporate and Local Marketinvestments for all of TIAAInvestment’s Public Fixed Incomeportfolios, including: the TIAA General Account, T/C Mutual Funds and third party mandates approximating $12 billion in assets.MajorResponsibilities:
- Perform at a high level and be an integral part of the investment team.
- Work across multiple EM & DM sectors daily, communicating with multiple portfolio managers, research analysts & traders.
- Understand TIAA’s investment goals, divergent portfolio mandates and present relative value ideas to portfolio managers.
- Execute investment ideas effectively, as authorized by portfolio managers, across hard currency debt, local market rates/FX and CDS/derivatives execution, as required.
- Contribute market color and spread data to investment discussions. Understand how flows in one asset class may impact spreads in related asset classes.
- Track spreads and other market data for portfolio managers and research analysts. Point out relationships across markets and potential trades that arise from those relationships.
- Interact internally with portfolio managers and research team to vet offerings and direct offerings to the appropriate portfolio manager and analyst.
- Build upon relationships with existing Wall Street sales/trading/syndicate desks.
- Develop relationships with TIAA research analysts to gain an understanding of industry sectors and individual credits; partner with various business partners internally, including Middle Office, Valuations, Derivative Services, Risk/Compliance, and Technology.
- Communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) key themes in the market place, price action, liquidity conditions, and technical direction of the market to EM/International team and senior management.
- Attend industry conferences and events to enhance skills and build/further develop an industry network and represent the institution & team on panels, industry conferences and/or with clients
- Initially work to facilitate the trading of DM responsibilities and occasionally thereafter to adequately cover DM/EM trading needs, whereby the incumbent in this role will be required to work flex hours to support both UK and US trading activities for an indeterminate, but not permanent, period of time.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Emerging Market Sovereign (External/Local) Debt and Emerging Market Corporate Credit trading. Experience in Developed Markets a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Master’s Degree or CFA are pluses.
- Exhibit good judgment.
- Ability to assess facts and make quick decisions in a trading environment.
- Proficient in basic investment/trading platforms: Bloomberg/ALLQ/FXGO, Market Axess, TradeWeb and ability to quickly learninternal applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage both internal and external business relationships
- Strong attention to detail and high operational accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on the trading desk
- Strong sense of team work, ethics, and personal accountability