Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Job Summary: The Director Global Trade Finance Manager is a Senior Sales officer who can develop and grow trade revenues, with strong business development and negotiation skills. The candidate must also be experienced across all trade finance products; both in traditional trade and open account - working capital solutions. Major Responsibilities:
- Candidate is responsible for targeting a diverse portfolio of clients across various industry verticals in our Asia Corporate Banking group in the United States and Japanese Corporate Clients in Canada.
- Focus is on classical trade finance products.
- Explore & originate new business opportunities through marketing activities and contribute to the growth of the Global Trade Finance business in terms of assets, market share and revenue.
- The candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining deep client relationships at the appropriate client manager levels and act as the Banks single point of contact for trade while working in collaboration with the Relationship Manager.
- Build a strong rapport with Relationship Managers to identify and solve clients financial structuring issues by bundling the banks financial products and services.
- Create conditions to improve productivity and enhance efficiencies, create tailored solutions and customer centric client product solutions.
- Promote the Trade Finance products internally within the Bank and create an environment for leveraging operational efficiencies, cross-selling BTMU products and offering a full suite of the Bank’s Finance Products to existing and new clients.
- Perform related duties and participate in special projects as required by Managing Director of the business.
- Act locally, think globally
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 15 years of working experience in trade finance and general corporate banking activities is required.
- Must have strong knowledge of Trade Finance products & systems, the North American markets and strong existing relationships in the Trade Finance client base.
- Team-oriented and excellent communication skills.
- Requisition #: 10016466-WD