The purpose of the job is to manage the sustainment of global policies and best practices for the trade business operations units in International. This means ensuring that the operating processes and procedures in trade finance operations in International are in alignment with global policies and standards and where possible identify opportunities to make the existing process more efficient. The Bank is undertaking a KYC transformation program for all Business lines.
This role is also responsible for implementing and operationalizing the KYC transformation program for each Business Service Centre in International Banking. This means leading managing and tracking the success of the KYC transformation project for the BSC’s. This role also has the responsibility to execute on Small Business Segmentation initiative that will align the operating model for servicing of small business clients into the BSC across the IB region.
The Director works with International Banking partners, including Global Banking and Markets, GBP, ICCB, Consumer & Small Business, Compliance, and local Shared Services groups by providing expertise in continuous process improvement and by effectively liaising with various stakeholder groups to expedite decisions/approvals. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of business procedures engineering, trade finance expertise, experience with process design, process implementation and project management. Extensive and last minute travel required. Priorities often shift with little warning, requiring fast, effective allocation of resources to meet the new priorities.
Ensure delivery of the client experience is consistent with Scotia Service Standards:
- Interact with BSC Heads, Local Delivery Managers, International Corporate & Commercial Banking, Consumer and Small Business, GTB local product teams, International Operations Teams and other IB Departments in a pro-active manner;
- Make sure service provided to the other channels, (e.g., Product, IBSS, GTB, ICCB) is of a high quality;
- Identify, document, and recommend process improvements and work with local BSC Heads to ensure the implementation is successful;
- Analyze root causes of operational issues and initiate corrective action by recommending/implementing policy, procedural, and system solutions;
- Manage and monitor service levels.
Actively participate in the development and introduction of assigned Bank initiatives/projects of systems, products, new or enhanced and procedural changes:
- Act as a resource to ICCB, GBP, Small Business, GTB and the various other Product Groups in the development and testing of new products and systems as well as the implementation of new policies and internal/regulatory requirements;
- Provide assistance in the development and vetting of new procedures, circulars, BIB/manual updates along with assessing conformity to compliance requirements including identification and mitigation of potential risk issues;
- Review and authorize submissions (staffing requests, SSP’s, etc.) ensuring all appropriate controls, compliance, and regulatory requirements are maintained to minimize risk and costs to the Bank and Clients;
- Ensure project work assigned is completed on schedule within approved budget levels against a background of constantly changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
Ensure a high degree of operating efficiency Trade Finance Operations Units and BSCs across IB:
- Review processes and systems to ensure controls, compliance and oversight mechanisms are in place to minimize risks;
- Participate with ICCB/GBP in conducting onsite Operational Reviews of the Trade Operations and BSC areas, providing a detailed report and action plan to local manager covering (amongst others) potential Audit issues, and Gaps to the BSC Target Operating Model;
- Review recommendations made by other partners for changes or enhancements, which ultimately reduce costs and improve productivity/controls;
- Maintain current knowledge of the Bank’s products and initiatives;
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of high-level business strategies which could impact the Trade Operations in any way;
- Liaise as required with management, support units, other IO-BSC staff, IO teams, Operational Risk, Audit, Compliance, and IB departments;
- Review escalated compliance issues and breaches identified including any recommendations for correction and submit for management review and approval.
Development and implementation of KYC Remediation Program
- Partner with ICCB to develops project proposals, determines scope, resource requirements and timelines to remediate existing portfolio.
- Identify training needs for BSC’s, and participate in the development and scheduling of training strategies/programs/tools
- Design the checklist to be used for BSC’s to receive information from the sales force.
- Ensure that proper processes and tools are in place in the BSC’s to ensure that client documentation is current.
- Monitors and manages progress of project and request updates by stakeholders.
- Supports ICCB with the creation of new onboarding documentation forms, checklists and guides to support KYC teams.
- Oversee and ensures current onboarding process flow is effective and complies with KYC requirements.
- Actively partner with the BSC units to resolve issues, remove road blocks and reduce costs
Leads the execution of the Small Business Segmentation Initiative across BSCs
- Partner with Small Business team to develop project proposal and target operating model for small business segment across IB region.
- Monitors and manages progress of project and requested updates by stakeholders.
- Leads execution of implementation roadmap into Business Services Centers across the Region.
- Lead ongoing analysis, quality control and self-assessments and define strategies and applications for any required improvements.
- Propose methods for streamlining processes and management information capabilities and present proposals for management’s review and approval.
- Engage leaders who have direct responsibility over certain processing areas in order to understand their issues and process impacts.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Full fluency in Spanish language is required
- Experience with people and process management in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders and contact points
- Project Management experience
- Process management, process redesign, change management
- Presentation skills, influencing skills, communication skills