About the role
We are looking for an experienced Director of Trade Compliance to lead our Trade Compliance organization, to help the team deliver a world class program and keep it up to date by working closely with subject matter experts (SMEs), internal audit, human resources, enterprise security, business and other stakeholders.
Reporting to the VP and Assistant General Counsel, working as part of the global Legal and Public Affairs organization, the Director of Trade Compliance will be responsible for delivery of all aspects of practical management and support of the global export compliance led by SMEs in the organization, including project management and coordination, process design/mapping and testing; delivering management information and operational data; coordinating/tracking compliance training and participating in ad hoc compliance projects. This role will help the company to strategically prepare for the complexities of an evolving threatlandscape and our growing product portfolio. In collaboration with the Trade Compliance team and key stakeholders, the right leader will maintain and improve the trade compliance program across the business.
As a world leader in microprocessor design, Arm relies on licensing agreements with many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing. It is vital ensure compliance with export control and sanctions regulations, our reputation and our future ability to do business depends on it.
What will I be accountable for?
- Supporting Trade Compliance colleagues in establishing compliance goals, timelines and strategies in support of organizational initiatives
- Deploying, coordinating and tracking compliance training, and supporting compliance related communications
- Maintaining compliance program infrastructure including administration, project management, coordinating and maintaining risk and impact assessments
- Understanding, designing/improving and mapping processes and controls, and coordinating related assurance testing
- Working with teams such as human resources, information management, enterprise security and internal audit to gather, maintain and present data relevant to compliance initiatives, mitigations and corrective actions
- Managing and delivering reports and data for management purposes – including identifying areas of performance improvement and providing recommendations to executive leadership and other key stakeholders
- Assisting with and triaging queries (internal and external), including maintaining shared mailboxes and service desk queues
- Supporting compliance audits conducted by Internal Audit and external auditors, as directed
- Helping the company to keep up to date with new regulations and best practices
- Management of outside counsel and consultants, as needed
- Accountability for company compliance to product classification, training, export requirements, including all deemed export requirements
- Develop relationships with internal partners and export control authorities across multiple jurisdictions
- Establishing and improving trade compliance enablement to all areas of the business, including Engineering, Sales, Licensing, Procurement, Business Development, Information Technology, and Legal
- Collaboration with Public Affairs on key public policy strategic initiatives, including acting as the lead spokesperson to government officials as needed on behalf of the company
- Some domestic and international travelrequired
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Articulate and engaging with a highly collaborative and inclusive approach and a proactive attitude
- High level of organizational and planning skills, ideally with experience in compliance program management and data analysis
- Appropriate program/project management qualifications
- Creative (able to think beyond the obvious) and confident to try new approaches to benefit the wider community
- Able to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment and respond to change
- Good sense of urgency and a pronounced can-do attitude with a goal to influence and “bring your audience along”
- You will hold a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in Engineering, Supply Chain, Trade Compliance, Legal or related field
- Experience and working knowledge in US, UK and EU export control regulations. Previous experience working in the microprocessor or hi-tech sector. Approximately 10 years or greater of experience in the field with at least 5 years’ experience managing a team.
Job ID #: 14693