As a member of the HR Leadership Team, the Director, Total Rewards and HRIS will provide strategic and operational leadership of FHI 360’s global rewards and HRIS solutions to support attracting and retaining top talent to FHI 360.
The Director has responsibility for developing competitive pay systems in all of our countries, design and oversee rewards and recognition programs, create and maintain useful job descriptions and identify potential career progressions for our staff.
Regularly reviewing internal pay equity and market salaries as well as insuring smooth and consistent salary administration is an important part of the responsibilities of this role.
It is also responsible for developing, implementing and managing creative and cost effective benefit plans and policies in all countries which are supportive of our corporate culture and create a compelling employee value proposition.
The Director, will supervise the administration of all US and Expatriate compensation and benefit plans to ensure Regulatory compliance of all applicable local, state and federal laws.
We use Workday to manage our staff data worldwide and the Director is responsible for identifying opportunities to support people processes and policies through our technology such as turnover, performance management, goal alignment, potential career opportunities and talent management as well as providing data and analysis that helps leadership make decisions about how to support our talent.
- Effectively develop implement, manage and communicate competitive compensation, benefits strategy, global programs, policies and HRIS for our US, International and Global Staff
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to executives, managers, HR team members and other professional
- Adapt compensation, recognition and benefits design and approach to align with market trends, business strategy and changing employee and demographic changes to competitively position FHI 360 to attract and retain staff
- Engage staff in understanding the value of total rewards and in providing input to adapt offerings as needed
- Employee centered, cost effective administration of US and International benefit plans including 401a, 403b, 457-retirement plans, self-insured medical, disability, life and voluntary benefit programs.
- Manages claims processing for multiple US and expatriate benefits, workers compensation, DBA and international medical and evacuation purposes.
- Manages high-level relationships with outsourced providers, consultants, insurance carriers and other vendors to insure high levels of service, cost effective pricing of programs.
- Utilizing plan data and employee input, to create wellness programs in support of a healthy workforce and engagement of Fitness Employee Resource Groups
- Partners with HR leadership, Information Technology, Finance, and operations to identify, evaluate and select HR systems which enhance organizational and individual effectiveness and insure effective integration across business systems.
- Manages systems implementation, upgrades, audits and data integrity of employee and company information.
- Upholds policies of equal employment opportunity and pay equity through assessment of policies, benefits, and compensation, recommending improvements where appropriate.
- Leads, manages, mentors, and coaches the Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS teams to meet company objectives, goals and philosophies.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships will all levels of management.
- This leader reports to the CHRO and works closely with the HR Leadership Team and the FHI 360 business leaders to ensure seamless delivery of compensation and benefits programs which support organization objectives.
- Provide periodic reports to Human Resources Committee of Board of Directors.
- Typically requires 10+ years of experience in human resource management of increasing complexity designing and implementing compensation and benefit programs
- Experience in design and implementation of global benefits and compensation programs across multiple geographies—Africa and Asian country experiencepreferred.
- Experience in a HR Leadership Role in a Global Company
- Experience with implementation and enhancement of HRIS Systems – preferably Workday
- 5-8years supervisory experience
- Travel 5%-10%
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Business Administration, Human Resource Management or Related Field.
- Typically requires 10+ years of experience with human resource management of compensation and benefit programs plus system implementation for US and International functions.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Certifications as Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR); Certified Compensation Professional (CCP); or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP).