Position Summary: The Director Total Rewards directs the planning, design, implementation, and administration of compensation, benefits, wellness, and employee health functions of the organization. Duties and Responsibilities
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
- Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
- Oversees the review and effectiveness of company compensation and benefit practices, programs, policies, and guidelines.
- Oversees the review and effectiveness of company wellness and employee health practices, programs, policies, and guidelines.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of a market comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, retirement, wellness, and other ancillary benefits and initiatives.
- Researches and analyzes trends affecting pay and benefits to assess how the organization can improve its practices.
- Utilizes market trends to develop creative total compensation programs resulting in the engagement of hospital employees.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in developing and administering total rewards programs is required.
- Experience in applicable State and Federal employment laws is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in most HR core functions such as recruitment, total rewards, compliance, etc. is preferred.
- Experience in HR management is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. HRIS is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field is required.
- Certification: HR Certification [PHR, SHRM-CP, CEBS, CCP, etc.] is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: 7 to 10 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 5 to 7 years is preferred.