The Director, Topline Finance & Operations is a CBU based position that develops and manages topline forecasting, sales data management, customer contracting, reporting and analytics to deliver predictable and insightful sales intelligence to multiple stakeholders. This role will proactively monitor and ensure high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in all topline data collection, data management, planning and forecasting efforts. This role will also be responsible for managing the operating expenses for all sales and marketing functions.
- Business & Strategic Management
- Responsible for Topline Monthly Financial Close.
- Support rolling forecasting process including short and long-term planning, together with Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, that summarizes company business activity and financial position. Responsible for the mid-month and D-2 updates.
- Participate in contract pricing review/approval and in pricing/margin impact analysis.
- Lead and coordinate with topline teams the forecasting process of sales discounts and the impact of Advertising & Promotion spend, and its allocation by customer/category/channel.
- Provide new and innovation product support and tracking. Review and approve the analysis of the business case for new products.
- Represent Finance in category team meetings.
- Support the Regional VP, Finance on needs for the Sales Leadership Team.
- Maintain and expand local business intelligence tools updated on items in his/her scope.
- Support topline performance through ad hoc analysis and recommendations. This includes:Advertising & Promotion ROI and pricing optimization.
- Results assessment and animation.
- Category/Customer/Channel strategy and P&L impacts.
- Innovation/renovation business case.
- Sales & Operations Planning ("S&OP")
- Develop and manage sales forecasting, planning reporting and analytics infrastructure to deliver predictable and insightful sales intelligence to multiple stakeholders
- Ensure planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts properly integrated with other planning processes within the company
- Lead the financial portion of the S&OP meetings to ensure demand alignment with all brands.
- Lead Finance Integration Meeting with brand marketing and sales teams. Put dollars to SKU volumes and provide ASPs prior to the meeting.
- Prepare and present to the Executive S&OP.
- Develop key performance metrics to measure and track the activities that support sales productivity. Create and distribute reporting on KPIs, providing analysis and trend identification.
- Compile dashboards for leadership, pulling in various metrics and information, with analysis and recommendations to meet sales objectives.
- Monthly financial reporting.
- Periodic sales trending reporting.
- Channel inventory updates.
- Ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Data Management
- Work with Business Analysts to maintain data structures, data cleanliness and data quality for all reported sales data.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to ensure completeness and accuracy of data and reporting throughout the functions
- Implement and administer GoodData, TrueCommerce, iContracts and other systems pertaining to sales figures.
- Identify and implement all enabling technology for the Sales and Marketing organizations.
- Develop and maintain contract processes that fulfill requirements of Sales, Marketing, Legal and Finance.
- Work in collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Finance to establish agreements with optimal terms and pricing consistent with company strategies.
- Monitor contract performance, calculate rebates and/or incentives and seek proper approval for payment.
- Develop and administer contract performance tracking process.
- Participate in special projects and compile a variety of different reports.
- Ensure compliance of accounting and internal control rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Budgeting, forecasting and closing knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting and data manipulation.
- Knowledge and management of a business planning and analysis process.
- Knowledge of and experience with strong accounting and control history.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with all levels and types of people, both internally and externally.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong process improvement and process implementation experience.
- Strong MS Office skills with advance Excel skills.
- Ability to develop key performance metrics to measure and track the activities that support sales productivity.
- Ability to provide analysis and trend identification.
- Ability to compile dashboards for leadership, pulling in various metrics and information, with analysis and recommendations to meet sales objectives.
- Ability to define and provide relevant information for decisions.
- Ability to design and monitor relevant KPIs to drive business performance and project management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced goal-oriented environment.
The Director, Topline Finance & Operations has four direct reports: CBU Financial Analyst, Contract Manager and two Business Analysts
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related area.
- 10-12+ years of hands-on finance and/or sales operations experience.
- 7-10 years of forecasting, analytic and problem-solving skills and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel.
- Proficiency in Sage/MAS and SAP or similar accounting software package.
- Professional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Prior supervisory experience a plus.