SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director, Tier 3 Support, Monitoring and Operational Metrics will lead teams, comprised of employee and offshore provider Tier 3 production support specialists, providing critical support for all of the WCG business units across all of the applications within the portfolio. This role will drive the selection and rollout of a common production monitoring platform. The Director will also compile a common set of KPIs / metrics which will be reported at the senior most levels, driving operational excellence throughout the organization. This role will lead ongoing improvement projects, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree preferred, or a combination of education, skills and related experience
- Relevant technology certifications a plus
- 10+ years overseeing IT teams/organizations to include 7+ years managing both employees and vendors, especially offshore provider
- Pharmaceutical and/or CRO industry experience a plus
- Experience managing multiple support teams
- Experience with web and mobile technologies
- Experience supporting a broad range of technologies including .NET, Java, SQL Server, IIS, hosted solutions, data warehousing, business intelligence and cloud technologies
- Hands-on production support/troubleshooting experience
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to work collaboratively within the organization
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities at once
- Metrics driven individual, understanding the importance of utilizing empirical data to drive operational excellence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving/decision making skills
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Drive operational excellence regarding Tier 3 support efforts, managing to KPIs and SLAs, while fostering a culture of continuous improvement, accountability and operational excellence across all team members
- Drive performance analysis and optimization efforts
- Collaborate with IT peers to define and execute the IT roadmap
- Establish and report monthly SLAs and KPIs in order to gauge performance of the team, while fostering a continuos improvement mentality across all team members
- Interact cross-functionally with other business units and customers
- Work with 3rd party vendors/consultants and make certain that knowledge sharing and transfer occurs with internal resources
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position.
- Lead and mentor teams of highly skilled technical support professionals
- Lead and manage offshore technical support team members
- Support needs for staffing, resource and project planning, deliverable management, training and career development
- Manage budgetary parameters by effectively forecasting work, assigning resources, and reviewing and approving monthly invoices from strategic partners; identify areas of efficiency in resource utilization.