We are currently seeking a talented Director, Third Party Relationship Management for either the Phoenix Campus or the San Antonio Home Office.
- Responsible for effective and compliance relationship management of multiple third-party relationships with high or critical risk profiles at the aggregate third party level.
- Sets the direction of the team and identifies required tactics to facilitate execution, sustainment, and maturity of third-party relationship management pillars. May be required to provide leadership and direction for matrix employees.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional teams to identify strategic sourcing opportunities and requirements. Manages long and short-term third-party strategy and relationships to support attainment of CoSA and Business Relationship Owners objectives and goals. Engages with senior leadership to develop and implement integrated and collaborative resource planning strategies.
- Engages with peer directors across the CoSA to share best practices and drive consistency in engagement with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk and Control Advisors) and second-line of defense parents (i.e. Risk, Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls that enable effective management and deliver expected performance from integrated business processes (end to end USAA and third-party execution)
- Responsible for ensuring the team's contract documentation accurately reflects products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships and monitors third-party's ability to deliver against contractual requirements and service level agreements.
- Acts in consultative and advisory capacity with senior management on strategic and tactical sourcing strategies; develops, plans and ensures successful implementation of outsourced operations enabling compliant and seamless member service delivery.
- Drives Enterprise value through analysis of the strategic objectives of sourcing a product/service to a third-party and evaluating the alignment with broader CoSA and Enterprise objectives; develops projections of future demand related to Third Party Relationships based on expertise in business, industry, and other trends.
- Provides thought leadership that will build and drive the third-party agenda. Champions the broader functions within the organization by demonstrating an understanding of the sourcing solutions business model and works as an advocate in the Enterprise; develops business cases for supplier value management and partner-based solutions.
- Accountable for metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing and supplier value and works collaboratively with business partners to prioritize and drive implementation.
- Builds and oversees a team dedicated to third-party risk management through recruiting, developing, retaining, coaching, guiding, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Minimum Work Experience:
- 8 or more years of relevant supply chain management, vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in financial services, information technology, or related industry.
- 4 or more years of experience with relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such as Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), FederalReserve Board, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of supply chain management and relevant industry regulations
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to influence and drive solutions across all organizational levels
- Strong strategic and operational planning experience
- Experience leading cross-functional programs/projects
- Demonstrated leadership of staff teams in operations/service delivery environment
- Demonstrated Change Agent and Communicator with authenticity
- Extensive prior TPRM (Third Party Risk Management), VRM (Vendor Relationship Management), SD (Service Delivery-e.g., servicing/call center), Supplier Management or Contracting/Sourcing deep expertise.
- Extensive expertise in at least one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Security, Corporate Real Estate Services, Sourcing/Contracting, Software or Tools, Member or customer communications/marketing communications or Workforce Management.
- Deep experience in at least one of the following areas: contracting, supplier sourcing, supplier governance, risk and control, management of external suppliers or service provider/ outsourced provider leadership.
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance and regulations/regulatory requirements as related to Third Party Supplier Management.
- Demonstrated leadership establishing partnerships to ensure effective planning and collaboration on Third Party Risk Management related matters and coordination between various risk functions (privacy/compliance/information security/service continuity, etc).
- Direct experience quantifying and communicating thru the use of Risk and Control framework, inherent and residual risks and KRI/KPI's, the impact of Third-Party Risk to multiple organizations and control partner groups.