Director Therapy Services & Rehab
Director Therapy Services & Rehab
at Adventist Health System
Date Posted:9/19/2017ApplyNot ready toApply?
Job: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Shift: TEXAS HUGULEY MEM MED CNTR
Job Posting: Full-time
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience. Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review. Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills:
- within department
- with hospital administration.
- Foster staff development and growth in a caring and respectful manner through:
- Feedback- coaching- -evaluation -discipline.
- Model behavior conducive to the development of a positive, supportive and productive team.
- Implement associate satisfaction initiatives considering recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of staff.
- Address issues/concerns related to employee management, and collaborate with EE Relations as appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve departmental goals related to the value: people.
- Act as the Therapy Staff advocate, monitoring staff satisfaction and resolving complaints
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Hospital.
- Work within the parameters of defined role, licensing agency and regulatory standards.
- Fulfill work schedule commitments.
- Demonstrate a commitment to: self-development, profession THHH
- Model positive behaviors that are supportive of change.
- Ensure adherence to Corporate Integrity Plan for self and staff.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve annual departmental goals related to the value: mission.
- Lead/Participate in Rehabilitation Services CQI and PI processes.
- Utilizes computer access confidentially, appropriately and following HIPAA guidelines.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Develop and maintain close customer ties, articulate customer needs, and keep priorities in focus with expectations of customers.
- Establish staff performance expectations regarding policies, procedures, protocols and standards of care.
- Develop strategic plan(s) on an annual basis, and update/report plans to Executive Team.
- Participate on committees/councils/task forces as assigned.
- Collaborate with physicians, administration, and multidisciplinary health care team to promote the provision of quality patient care/services.
- Model ability to promote patient/customer satisfaction and resolve complaints and conflicts. Utilize the L.A.S.T. (Listen, Apologize, Solve, Thank) model to address patient/family/customer care concerns.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve annual departmental goals related to the value: service.
- Assure that staff utilizes and applies learning in the work environment.
- Continuously assess and improve department’s performance, e.g., assess customer satisfaction and outcome data, and take corrective action as appropriate through the PI process.
- Ensure the qualifications and competence of departmental personnel.
- Determine staffing needs to provide appropriate care/services within department.
- Facilitate meetings and projects effectively.
- Serve as a resource to the hospital, system and community in area of specialty.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve annual departmental goals related to the value: excellence.
- Develop new programs to create new revenue streams.
- Assure staff opportunities for attending educational offerings which facilitate a healing and caring environment for patients and staff.
- Oversee staffing and scheduling to assure appropriate staff utilization and continuity of patient care.
- Takes initiative to complete mandatory job requirements; assumes responsibility for role in Associate Achievement Review.
- Maximize productivity through development and maintenance of staffing plans appropriate to level of service provided, utilizing benchmarking and best practice standards.
- Participate in annual budget development and adhere to budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Provide timely financial variance reporting.
- Facilitate the acquisition of equipment and supplies necessary to the delivery of care/services.
What you will need:
- Master’s (MPT) Degree,1 to 2Years Position-Related Experience
- 1 to 2Years Position Related Experience
- Texas License Registered Therapist
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
- Orthopedic and Sports Medicine knowledge and experiencepreferred