Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapists can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Montgomery is a 70-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly-skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
- Current State license in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Language Pathology.
-CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successfully completed a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program
- Additional training with a Master's or Doctor's degree in either professional or management area is preferred.
- Minimum five years of rehabilitation experience with two years in management is required.