Are you searching for a challenging and rewarding position with one of the Entertainment Industries top companies? We are seeking an exceptional Engineering professional to serve as a Director of Test Engineering for the Quality Assurance organization. Are you a self-starter committed to driving department direction around test automation as well as directing support technology and tool creation? Does the idea of providing leadership and mentorship to various programming teams within the organization ignite your passion for exceeding Blizzard quality levels? Are you considered to be a collaborative and inclusive leader that leads by example? We are looking for technology driven visionary armed with excellent communication skills, proven leadership capabilities and who also possesses a strong work ethic.
- Develop technology plan and lead all programming development for Test Automation and Technology groups.
- Collaborate with leadership to determine, document, and drive the evolution of best practices for QA engineering across multiple disciplines of programming and technology.
- Facilitate technical relationships with development teams to fully support and understand future technology requirements.
- Report to engineering council on relevant trends, usage rates and effectiveness of technological solutions for quality.
- Provide critical analysis of technology and development practices with the goal of improving game quality, team efficiency and fostering a more positive work environment by eliminating wasted effort.
- Maintain familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment’s current game designs as well as with emerging technologies across the game industry in multiple genres.
- Represent QA at any cross-team technology meetings.
- Lead, mentor, and hire Software Development Engineers in Test for our test and Game teams
- Computer Science Degree and 15 years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience
- Demonstrable aptitude for technical architecture, design and working with unfamiliar code.
- C++ mastery, and / or a strong proficiency with Python and C#.
- Experience in the design and implementation of game systems, multi-threading, rendering, UI, game object management, online networking, and database management.
- Ability to work within an established code framework as well as building technology from the ground up.
- Experience with software automation and a proven track record in helping teams adopt and accept more efficient forms of automation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong passion for Blizzard IP and demonstrated ability to add to a rich culture focused on employee development and quality in everything we do.
- Extensive understanding of Agile based project management methods and able to demonstrate how those methods can be successful in a creative, iterative based culture while maintaining the established quality standards.
- Understanding on how TMMI can be used to affect change with the quality cycle and the groups working in that environment.
- Understanding of ISTQB with a Foundation Level or Advanced Test Engineering level certification.
- Strong interest in any and all types of gaming. A strong leader, mentor and coach able to effectively pass on lessons to aspiring engineer’s and make those lessons stick.