Director, Technology Risk Management
We are seeking a Director of Technology Risk Management to join our Business Operations and Strategy team in support of our next generation of cloud and infrastructure services.
The ideal candidate will lead the planning and execution of critical risk functions in alignment with the Corporate Risk Model and Technology Risk Target Operating Model. As the first line of defense, this role assures risk reduction within the division consistent with Capital One’s vision and values through active engagement with the broader team, including C level executives. As a leader within our Business Operations and Strategy organization, you will play a significant role in the success of Capital One’s technology transformation.
What You Will Do
- Provide oversight for division technology audit, regulatory, and compliance interactions. Establish alignment with audit, regulatory and compliance teams, and second line of defense teams.
- Manage the coordination of division risk management activities (audit, compliance, and regulatory activity), provide oversight and support preparation for upcoming exams, identify emerging issues and trends, and work with audit, regulatory, and compliance services to establish on going interaction over the course of the exam lifecycle/engagement
- Ensure issues identification and management response coordination handoffs are appropriately handled
- Design and implement effective and proactive action plans that appropriately mitigate risks in a sustainable manner and define Key Risk Indicators to track impact
- Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, detect operational risk issues
- Identify, measure, monitor, support and complete risk management training, communication, and outreach programs
- Evaluate risks and prioritize risks and remediation work, along with senior leadership team
- Assuring strategic and foundational risk attributes are comprehensively included in pre, during and post analysis
- Ongoing reviews to identify anomalies, exceptions and outliers that could lead to additional risk events
- Verifying risk management standards, requirements and documented risk reduction attributes are applied
- At least 7 years of regulatory, compliance, or technology risk management
- At least 5 years of experience in technology industry
Other Desired Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in financial services industry
- 5+ years of experience supporting risk in an infrastructure and public cloud solutions environment
- 5+ years of experience supporting regulatory exams, audits, and other technology control assessments
- Strong and proven management experience with risk control frameworks such as NIST, FFEIC, COBIT, ITIL,COSO)
- 1+ certifications that support business or risk related knowledge/experience such as FINRA, AGILE, PMP, CRISC, CFE, CISSP, or CIA
Job ID R44663