This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the Technology Transformation Program in our Patient Assistance Business Unit. The program consists of several people, process and technology initiatives that have been designed to bring our technology services to the next level. The various initiatives build on each other and need to be delivered in a coordinated fashion. This position will need to work collaboratively with the project/ functional leads of each area as well as with senior executives to confirm goals and success metrics, resource availability, and remove roadblocks.
The Program Director is responsible for understanding business goals and interdependencies of each transformation initiative. Additional responsibilities include project management, team management, generating timelines and roadmaps, estimating costs and resource needs, identifying risks and proposing mitigation plans, and preparing communications to keep all stakeholders informed.
The successful candidate will be able to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment and assist the VP of Portfolio Strategy and Program Operations, and the VP of Patient Assistance Services to implement optimal planning, decision-making, and project execution processes across key initiatives and cross-functional teams.
Day to day, the Program Director oversees and directs the activities of technical and other personnel, including vendors and consultants, to ensure the successful completion of multiple projects and adherence to quality standards, budgetary guidelines, and timelines. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Helping cross-functional teams to define, prioritize, and execute key activities.
- Assisting Subject Matter Experts in translating business/user requirements into actionable items
- Documenting, archiving, and disseminating critical information regarding projects
- Overseeing and mentoring other program and project managers within the Patient Assistance Services Technology team
There are also ample opportunities for the Program Director to assist the Portfolio Strategy group in strategic and financial planning and business stakeholder/partner management for our various technology solutions and the broader MSH Technology and Analytics Solutions Portfolio.
- Collaborates with senior leadership, technical managers and other subject matter experts to define, prioritize, track, and drive the progress of key initiatives
- Works with technical teams and leaders to continually clarify and refine project objectives, acceptance criteria, budget, and workplan and procure appropriate resources
- Manages and mentors a team of program and project managers to drive progress against the full range of related initiatives
- Plans and facilitates cross-functional team and client meetings/forums to drive collaboration, alignment, and decision making
- Maintains program/initiative level project plans and tracking logs as appropriate, identifies blockers/risks, and crafts recommendations for resolution or escalation
- Monitors budget and benefit realization against plan monthly and works with Portfolio Directors/Managers and Program Managers to conduct analysis if established thresholds are not met
- Curates/documents critical information regarding project deliverables and progress and proactively disseminates updates to stakeholders within and outside of those initiatives
- Helps define initiative/team specific policies and processes around use of shared accounts, tools, systems and serves as co-administrator
8+ years’ experience in project management, including 5+ years managerial experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing large-scale, cross-functional programs/projects.
- Detailed understanding of and experience with Agile and waterfall project planning and management methodologies and when to use each.
- Financial and statistical analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer/stakeholder management skills
- Advanced skills with technology focused project management tools—e.g., Atlassian, Trello, etc.—and Microsoft Office Suite including MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio
- Strong familiarity with the various technology functional areas including software development, infrastructure, architecture, customer support and ITIL
- Strong communication skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience within the healthcare IT and/or healthcare field with knowledge of medical business process, operations and tools an asset
- Certification and practical experience in Agile, Lean/Six Sigma, and/or PMP, a plus
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
4-yeardegree or related field or equivalent experience. B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Business, Technology, preferred.