The Director Product Management for our tax solution set is responsible for setting and executing the overall strategic plan from innovation to product. The Director and their team will deliver those outcomes by setting a compelling vision and strategy and influencing the cross-functional teams to contribute effectively towards the execution of that strategy. While each of the other functions in the business is individually accountable for delivering respective outcomes towards the overall success, this role will be ultimately accountable for delivering the business and customer outcomes for our tax solution set.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Leads the delivery of all customer and shareholder outcomes, near-term and long-term, for tax solution set, including revenues, sales, retention and net promoter score.
- Leads the definition and delivery of a strategically aligned, compelling customer experience. Works cross-functionally to ensure alignment and delivery of requirements.
- Leads the development and alignment to a multi-year roadmaps for the entire solution set, including addition of new solutions as well as harvesting and rationalizing the portfolio.
- Leads the development of business cases to help prioritize investments in product-related initiative.
- Leads the identification and delivery of new product innovation concepts to maintain a healthy solution pipeline.
- Leads build/buy/partner assessments and make recommendations.
- Spends time in field with customers and prospects to understand current and future needs.
- Gathers and communicates market, competitor and customer insights, including via direct observation.
- Leads competitive responses, when appropriate.
- Lead strategic business relationships with strategic business partners.
- Establishes themselves as the company’s spokesperson for the xxx solution set to the customers, influencers, associations, industry groups, and the market overall.
- Partners with communications teams to strengthen market presence via news stories, product reviews, press releases, etc.
- Leads the development of and gains alignment to pricing models for new solutions, including for all product variations and bundles.
- Ensures alignment of all functions in the business on key product/portfolio priorities.
- Leads PLMs to define target audiences for marketing messages, and associated value propositions for each audience group.
- Ensures alignment across the organization to ensure product, operational, customer and sales readiness prior to any release or change.
- Ensures outputs of cross-functional teams meet the product/portfolio needs, including development, marketing, sales, implementation, training, support, etc.
- Deeply understands, challenges, and is prepared to defend the tracked and reported performance for tax solution set.
- Coaches and supports professional development of direct report team.
- Leads management of budget in collaboration with Finance and solve issues to deliver commitments for the tax solution set.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
Graduate degree in a business-related field preferred, especially MBA
- Minimum 8 years in product management for software products
- Experience leading product management of a complex product portfolio in B2B enterprise software products
- Experience managing a 5+ member product management team
- Preferred experience with working with tax professionals
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Commercial orientation and proven track record
- Business and financial acumen
- Effective communication – verbal and written
- Influencing and collaboration
- Planning and prioritization
- Solution orientation
- Analyzing and synthesizing information
- Track record of launching innovative solution through deep customer empathy
- Commitment to continuous improvement and challenging status quo
- Ability to effectively pivot between strategic and tactical activities
- Deliver results in times of opportunities and adversities
- Nimble, quick to respond and adjust
- Focus on customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Disciplined leader who holds themselves and others accountable
- Ability to interact, communicate with and influence c-level executives