The Director at KFSN will oversee the operations and maintenance functions of technical personnel, equipment,infrastructure, and buildingfacilities to ensure a smooth and efficient operation for broadcast, production and NexGen endeavors. This person will also assist the DivisionTechnology team in the development of long-term goals and action plans to ensure smooth implementations of new technologies to meet company-wide goals.
- Operate KFSN in compliance with all FCC OSHA and FAA regulations as well as all company policies and procedures
- Oversee the management and development of KFSN technology personnel
- Facilitate short and long-term technical projects to insure proper execution and implementation
- Assist Division Technology in the development of long-term goals and action plans to ensure smooth implementations of new technologies to meet company-wide goals.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex equipment used in daily operation including equipment associated with broadcast operations, networkinfrastructure, transmission facilities, production control rooms, etc.
- Develop and manage operational budgets and maintain proper documentation.
- Minimum of five years of technical management experience working in a broadcast facility
- Proven experience in leading a diverse team of technologists to set and accomplish organizational goals
- Effectively managing complex projects and operational budgets
- Strong IT based skills, networking and IP video distributioninfrastructure, with knowledge of SMPTE 2110 and SMPTE 2022 beneficial.
- RFexperience is necessary.
- Knowledge of planning, technical design, construction, maintenance and operation of all aspects of broadcast facilities.
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with excellent attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills with the ability to direct and motivate the technical staff and work well with all station departments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.