AMAG is a biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing therapeutics to market that provide clear benefits and help improve people’s lives. Our employees work to develop and deliver important therapeutics, conduct clinical research in areas of unmet need and create education and support programs for the patients and families we serve. AMAG's products support the health ofpatients in the areas of maternal and women's health, anemia management and cancer supportive care. Through CBR®, we also help families to preserve newborn stem cells, which are used today in transplant medicine for certain cancers and blood, immune and metabolic disorders, and have the potential to play a valuable role in the ongoing development of regenerative medicine.
AMAG's core values -- accountable, collaborative, transparent, sense of urgency, and results focused -- provide an important framework for who we are and how we operate. Our values are also foundational to the way we do business and are key to how we execute on our five year strategic plan 2015-2020: Growing, Building, Together. We take a patient-centric approach to continuing to grow our current products through meaningful investment in research to expand the utility of these products and a strong commitment to patients and support programs.
In addition, we seek to build our product portfolio with additional therapeutics that could benefit from our business and clinical expertise. The successful execution of our strategy hinges on a talented and motivated team of employees who worktogether to make our plans a reality. Every day, the people at AMAG aim higher, devoting our passion and perseverance to finding new and better ways to support the health of patients and families.
The Director, AMAG Technology Governance and PMO holds both the leadership and management roles in a PMO. TheDirector is responsible for various methods and practices around provisioning IT into the business, improving the overall PPM maturity across the organization, and tracking and reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of IT-oriented initiatives. As an arm of the overall IT governance function, the Director is responsible for supporting and enabling theorganization's projects, programs and structured work efforts. The Director ensures that the work of the PMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set for the PMO by executive management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitates among the PMO stakeholders and organizational leadership a consensus around the mission and vision of thePMO organization to foster a project-management-oriented culture and mindset
- Leads the identification and development of PMO roles, team configuration and recruitment appropriate to deliver theagreed-upon PMO goals and objectives
- Defines, manages and directs the needed end-to-end PMO work effort, which includes leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to PMO staff and project managers
- Regularly reviews and evaluates opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM
- Facilitates the cross-functional IT steering committee (AMAG Strategic Technology Committee) to maximize business value through strategic technology investment
- Leads the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all AMAG Technology project teams and stakeholders to improve theprobability of successful project delivery
- Ensure the adherence to the appropriate governance functions in accordance with enterprise guidelines, policies and practices
- Orchestrate reviews of any significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provide recommendations asto whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued based on input from key stakeholders and project team member input
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the AMAG Technology portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, business administration or related disciplines required
- 15+ years of experience in IT
- 5+ years in a pharmaceutical or related environment required
- Demonstrated experience leading diverse teams
- Possesses a high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness to achieve success and clear obstacles for the portfolio
- Experience with one or more project management methodologies (ex, PMI PMBOK, agile)
- Program management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of project planning tools with evidence ofpractical application
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic resource plan
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders