$250K — $500K+*
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro has an exciting opportunity for a well rounded Leader to join our technology enablement organization. As Director of technology enablement, you will be engaged in the team activities of industrial and embedded server applications in different vertical markets such as healthcare, industrial automation, military, digital signage, and other sectors which need embedded long life cycle and revision control. Among others, you will be actively visiting prospects and customers with embedded engineering of products and applications related. You may also need to take the lead if there is OEMs projects launched with EVT/DVT/PVT in process before MP. You are also requested to stay with seamless communications with the all the engineers and product/project managers concerned as to match up the project timeline and product quality as well.
• Works closely with the sales and extended teams to map end-user customer business, partner requirements and provide most optimized technical solutions
• Provides technical leadership in Pre-Sales and oversee implementation of such solutions
• Highly technical problem solver who understands system architecture, hardware and software interaction
• Manage and leads product HW and SW engineers during product development and POC processes
• Manage and leads teams during investigation and resolution of problems in the field
• Has a good understanding of firmware, drivers, OS, Applications and their interaction that can cause system issues
• Develop and review systems solutions, technical bid responses and presentations
• Work cross-department to ensure customer satisfaction and timely resolution of issues
• Ability to build and demonstrate proof-of-concept that meets or exceeds customer business needs
• Ability to present the corporate brand, product messaging and solutions to customers
• Visit on-site facilities and operations to enable solution integration and issue resolution
• Some travel required (up to 25%)
• Bachelors' or Masters' degree in engineering discipline; computer science, computer engineering and electrical engineering preferred
• Excellent communication skills and business sense required
• Minimum 15 years related experience with Compute/Storage Server or Data Center or IT Infrastructure experience desired
• Strong background and experience with x86-based server architecture
• Solid HW system design and diagnostics skills
• High familiarity with Firmware, Linux, Windows and virtualization platforms
• Strong technical communication and leadership skills to lead investigations with engineers of multiple disciplines
• Individual must be able to work effectively in a high pressure environment
• Hands-on experience is required in developing standards and making them operational
• Diligent, Self Discipline and able to work under pressure
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Valid through: 4/12/2021
$200K — $250K
8 days ago