Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you'll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Technical Services Director role is a strategic delivery position with the skills and experience to oversee our technical consulting function and resources. Technical Services resources engage as part of our delivery team to provide implementation solutions, best practices and expertise to our customers. Technical Services resources provide a range of skills and capabilities that includes technical architecture, custom development, data integration and migration, managed services as well as expert services. The Director, Technical Services will be responsible for building, scaling and managing the technical services organization and oversees roles including, but not limited to, Technical Manager, Technical Architect and Technical Consultant. This position and function will be closely aligned to the delivery team and will work in concert with Engagement Managers, Regional Delivery Directors, Regional Delivery Managers, Project Managers, Product Consultants, Solution Architects, Customer Success Architects as well as Customer Success Managers to execute on key strategic engagements and account strategies. The Director, Technical Services provides the leadership and oversight to ensure that solutions are well designed and architected from a technical perspective, are built in way that ensures maximization of DocuSign's capabilities and delivers successful project outcomes for our customers. Lastly, the Director, Technical Services will build and scale their team to include the skills and capabilities for Customer Success to enable our customers to not only expand their usage of the DocuSign platform but develop modern systems of agreements that accelerate business.
This position is a people manager role and reports directly to the Vice President of Global Professional Services.
- Design the technical services organization to enable scale and growth
- Build new skills and capabilities that go beyond API integration guidance and incorporate new disciplines around technical architecture, data integration and migration, custom development, managed services and expert services
- Directly manage a team of managers and individual contributors ranging across roles of Technical Manager, Technical Architect, Technical Consultant and provide career path guidance as well as performance management
- Oversee the process for daily project staffing of resources to ensure team members are highly utilized and well matched to projects that fit their skills and strengths.
- Recruit and hire the right mix of resources to execute on the DocuSign Agreement Cloud product vision as well as client project demands
- Develop process and structure to effectively onboard new team members and oversee initial training as well as ongoing learning and certification activities.
- Coach and guide team members at all stages and levels for improvement opportunities with a focus on developing a well-rounded and high performing team
- Work collaboratively with Professional Services leadership to develop and evolve technical implementation strategies and capabilities as the product continues to evolve
- Ensure the technical services team is leveraging best in class delivery models resulting in high customer satisfaction and customer adoption
- Develop enablement plans and strategies to ensure the technical team learns new product features, consulting techniques, and implementation methodologies
- Build the right resources and processes to ensure Technical Services can quickly and effectively assist and support Engagement Managers in the selling process and execute effectively on scoping and solution definition activities
- Coordinate with the BD team to understand new partner product technologies and work with enablement teams to drive learning and technology skill ramp up
- Collaborate with CSM Managers to understand the adoption plans and needs for key accounts and assist with execution on key adoption strategies
- Collaborate with Technical Support, Success Operations, DocuSign University and other teams across Customer Success to drive successful project outcomes and ensure ongoing customer adoption
- Ensure the technical services team remains up to date on current and upcoming product functionality as well as technology market trends.
- Manage capacity, utilization, revenue and headcount in accordance with fiscal plan metrics and targets
- BS/BA degree required
- 12+ years of management experience in Professional and Technical Services, preferably within a SaaS model
- 10+ years of experience working at a technology company with a SaaS model
- Background and expertise in building out new technical services capabilities and organizations to accommodate growth, scale and global reach
- Background in building and maintaining capacity and financial models projecting team growth and utilization
- Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, & occasionally, unprecedented.
- Proven track record of achieving Professional Services financial results while maintaining high customer satisfaction
- Experience working matrixed organization and with cross functional teams to achieve company and departmental objectives
- Ability to deliver Executive-C-Level QBRs and presentations internally. Executive level presence and communication both internally and externally
- Superior communication skills to create and convey customer objectives, success strategies, and customer insights for internal and external stakeholders.