Director, Technical Program Management ( Financial Services )
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Technical Program Management (Financial Services)Overview
This role will be the driving force that collaborates with business and technical teams around the globe to make sure the Technical Program Managers team deliver world class payment solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible - all while maintaining a strong customer focus. Leads team by working with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and specify solutions meeting our customers’ needs. By interacting with multiple technical teams understands commonality and variability of the solutions under development and will help your team deliver a platform made of reusable and configurable capabilities. Oversee and orchestrate team members to successfully deliver those solutions on-time and within budget. This is a key role in our focus on continuous improvement of our processes. This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Technical Program ManagementDigital, Marketing Business Services and Loyalty.
o Are you comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve?
o Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as well as drilling into architecture with development teams and then drive the project development process?
o Do you enjoy coaching and developing a fast growing team and improve organizational efficiency?
• Be the driving force that collaborates with business and technical teams around the globe to make sure your Technical Program Managers team deliver world class digital platform solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible - all while maintaining a strong customer focus.
• Lead your team by working with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and specify solutions meeting our customers’ needs. By interacting with multiple technical teams you will understand commonality and variability of the solutions under development and will help your team deliver a platform made of reusable and configurable capabilities. You will oversee and orchestrate your team members so to successfully deliver those solutions on-time and within budget.
• You will also be the face and voice for the project teams your Technical Program Managers are working with. You will ensure that all stakeholders are aware of outstanding issues and project status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences as well as communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences.
• Challenge, drive, and influence transformational change in the evolution of our end to end product delivery using agile development methodology. The scope of this transformational change includes technology and business processes (design, development, testing, deployment) to increase speed to market velocity that is recognized by our customers, industry reviewers, and executive management team.
• Work with Architecture and Operations Technology management on the tool definitions and engineering playbook definition required to support all aspects of the scrum team – design, development, and testing.
• Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user experience design components that support our Digital architecture. Work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development velocity and our learnings.
• As needed, work with our Control teams from Compliance, Legal, InfoSec to insure they are educated on the new Digital architecture, and that these groups participate in the success of the application development and deployment efforts
• Understand your team members’ skills, and will coach them where they need development. You will be responsible for attracting and retaining a diverse team of talented Technical Program Managers.
All About You
• Team management experience with medium sized teams
• Hands on project management experience, driving technology projects (software development and application infrastructure) with aggressive schedules.
• A solid CS foundation including advanced experience in a software engineering role, familiarity with scalability issues and multi-tiered solutions.
• Excellent team management, organizational and technical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills, concise communications and targeting the message to specific audiences.
• Quantitative analytical abilities.
• Proven problem solving skills.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
• Strong familiarity with agile methodologies.
• Proven ability to interact with customers and/or partners
• User Experience Design skills is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Advanced work experience, including program management experience, including
• Experience shaping business strategy for technical products or services
• Demonstrated ability to define, prioritize and deliver best in class software service products
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• The ability to succeed in a cross-matrixed organization that relies on building support in other groups
• Capacity to adapt to shifting goals and activities. Capacity to manage multiple activities in parallel.
• Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight.
• Willingness to take risks to develop a business in unchartered waters, ambition to build a new reference for the payment industry
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others, a proven leader
• Strong analytical andquantitativeskills; Data driven and results-oriented