Job ID 521991BR
Job ID 521991BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand BAMTECH Media Date postedMay. 03, 2018
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.The Director, Enterprise Program Management will ensure projects/programs are defined, tracked and communicated in a concise, consistent and effective manner. They incorporate effective change, risk and issue management controls. They review and understand partner portfolio business cases, and are responsible for organizing all projects/programs within the portfolio(s) to ensure on-time delivery, within budget and meets business objectives.
The Director, Enterprise Program Management is responsible for ensuring the successful completion and implementation of key strategic initiatives that company undertakes through identifying, tracking, managing and resolving project issues/risk in a timely manner. In addition, the role is responsible for communicating, preparing and disseminating management reports.
- Have in-depth knowledge and experience executing Agile software development methodologies.
- Have experience in managing the development of public-facing, cross-platform, native client applications.
- A technical background or success in a technical environment.
Nice to have:
- Experienced success in a media or tech company.
- Tracks and manages dependencies across multiple projects; leads escalation processes to make issues visible to stakeholders and leadership; drives resolution of dependency issues through the process.
- Leads the overall project stage gate review process, through conducting readiness assessments to identifying gaps in readiness throughout the project life cycle.
- Establishes project and portfolio scoring systems to evaluate and measure performance against formalized criteria.
- Ability to present technical information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences; including executive management, engineering, operations and marketing.
- Coaches team members regarding unexpected variances, root causes, corrective actions/options, and impacts.
- Ensure proper execution of the risk, issue, and communication management by their PMs.
- Continuously monitor projects/programs status and impact on customer relation.
- Collaborate with team to refine existing methodologies, and develop enhancements and changes that result in efficient, repeatable delivery.
- Partner with project teams to identify interdependencies, conflicts and risks associated with delivery.
- Implements standards, processes & practices, project status reporting and resource management methodologies that ensures projects are delivered against expectations, on schedule and on budget.
- Develops trusted partnerships with stakeholders by collaborating and delivering on common goals.
- Owns overall project communications, escalates risks and manages the issue resolution process.
- Ensure that projects and priorities support partner’s strategic plans and each project is managed to ensure on-time implementation and flawless execution.
- Manage demand by working closely with all constituents to prioritize programs and projects based on business needs, resource capacity, risk exposure and interdependencies.
- ‘Dissuade’ project teams from “reinventing the wheel” by being the knowledge center for best practices, processes, templates, lessons learned, historical project repository.
- Program and Project Governance: Deep subject matter expertise in managing a complex portfolio encompassing both formalized programs, projects, and out-of-cycle requests.
- Data Analysis/Interpretation: Ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning and program evaluation.
- Program and Project Management: Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities. Also includes the ability to develop project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risks and develop contingency plans.
- Key Performance Measures: Significant experience in developing comprehensive performance measures and metrics by which to assess program and project performance.
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.