Director - Technical Accounting & Software Revenue Recognition
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
*Hiring team willing to relocate candidates*
The Director of Technical Accounting & Revenue Recognition manages compliance of the revenue recognition process within US GAAP and company standards. Reviews customer contracts for revenue recognition implications and assists with structuring non-standard transaction details. Responsible for complying with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 requirement as related to revenue recognition. In addition to revenue recognition matters, the Director, Technical Accounting & Revenue Recognition works or consults with others who work on other technical accounting matters including M&A, purchase accounting, Goodwill and indefinite lived asset impairment analysis, debt re-financing, long-term incentive compensation, etc.
- Develops and implements revenue recognition policies and procedures in conformance with current FASB and SEC guidance.
- Manages activities related to revenue recognition, including assurance of accurate and timely results in cooperation with regional and general accounting functions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets revenue and margin reports ensuring actual revenue recognition compliance with pre-approved accounting
- Provides advice and assistance to the business with questions related to the accounting for customer contracts
- Interfaces with the Company’s independent public accounting firms on all technical accounting matters
- Summarizes impact of new US GAAP accounting pronouncements and implements as necessary, i.e. ASC 606.
- Fields questions from all levels of management on complying with technical accounting standards.
- Directly manages a staff of accounting professional. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Indirectly manages and provides revenue recognition training to regional accounting, finance and business operations professionals
- Assists in other technical accounting areas including, but not limited to, long-term incentive plans, goodwill and indefinite lived asset impairment testing, new accounting standard interpretation and implementation, etc.
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
Years’ Experience Minimum: 10+ years with mix in public accounting, 5+ years with Big 4 firm and experience with large publicly traded companies.
Req #: 50342