We are looking for a Director of Technical Accounting to join our Finance organization in Rochester, NY. This position supports the company’s global accounting and financial reporting functions and initiatives.
The Director of TechnicalAccounting isresponsible for establishing, maintaining and communicating global accounting policies and serves as a key technical resource on complex accounting requirements and implementation of new accounting standards and updates. In this role, you will beresponsibleto:
- Serve as expert on US GAAP technical accounting matters. Regularly collaborate with Corporate Controller, Business Unit Presidents and Business Unit Finance Directors on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions and other non-routine matters.
- Partner/collaborate with accounting/finance personnel and other business leaders to build and enhance awareness of various accounting requirements.
- Research new accounting guidance and exposure drafts, independently assess implications, train & communicate with the business divisions and functional departments that are impacted, and manage a timely implementation plan.
- Establish, maintain and communicate robust global accounting policies.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the company’s operations, business strategies and processes.
- Undertake special projects and support Corporate initiatives, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilityrequired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or related discipline from a regionally accredited four-year college or university required.
- Experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Demonstrated ability to applyGAAP accounting practices.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and project management skills.
- Audit background is desired.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work through complex, unstructured problems.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal formats.
- High level of written and oral communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Track record for exceeding multiple goals on various projects with short deadlines at the same time
- SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and to handle competing priorities effectively.
Employment Sponsorship Notification
Any candidate/applicant requiring sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status will not be considered for this position. Kodak as an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage you to look for jobs where sponsorship will be provided.