The Director, Technical Accounting – Revenue Recognition is responsible for leading a team of skilled professionals primarily responsible for revenue recognition. This position is expected to play a key role in revenue recognition for all of the Company’s arrangements with customers, including sales of software, services, hardware and maintenance. This position requires partnership and communication with senior leadership and plays a significant role within the Finance & Accounting organization.
- Coordinates drafting and review of an Accounting Review Template (ART) for all significant revenue arrangements
- Provides expert accounting advice to the Sales, Finance and Legal teams regarding key contractual terms and conditions and the related impact to revenue recognition
- Functions as a key interface with external auditors pertaining to the annual audit, quarterly reviews and resolution of significant accounting issues related to revenue recognition
- Serves as a key leader in the Company’s adoption of the new accounting standard for revenue recognition, ASC 606.
- Leads the review of externally published product communications, including product demonstrations and press releases
- Completes other projects and assignments as directed by manager.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Eight (8) or more years accounting experience with at least five (5) years in accounting management/leadership roles
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Business with Master’s degree preferred
- CPA required
- Demonstrated understanding of desired business strategic and financial objectives related to each contractual arrangement and guide legal, sales, business units and financial management on how to structure the arrangement to achieve desired objectives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to promote ideas persuasively and work through conflicts while building positive working relationships
- Excellent organization and planning skills with ability to work well under pressure and in an environment of change
- Advanced knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards combined with the ability to interpret and apply changes to current accounting standards
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Software/technology/healthcare industry experience preferred
- Large and/or public company experience preferred with demonstrated focus on operational excellence and a successful track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment that is results oriented and collaborative.
- Strong leadership skills that result in defining a clear vision and keeping the organization moving toward critical priorities with experience guiding and developing others through periods of change preferred
- Willingness to engage in both tactical hands-on work and strategic work as needed in order to manage and complete priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information