Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to joint its Technical Accounting – Global Policies and Procedures team. This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing significant non-routine transactions and provide accounting conclusions under US GAAP.
- Drafting technical memos to document the company's accounting conclusions related to non-routine transactions.
- Analyzing, implementing, and training on new accounting pronouncements, as they are issued.
- Overseeing the quarterly and annual impairment review process.
- Consulting and providing research assistance to Business Unit teams and other members of the finance organization to ensure the proper application of US GAAP to unique or unusual transactions.
- Developing and delivering training on transactional activity, issued policies and procedures, and new accounting pronouncements.
- Managing the development and ongoing maintenance of Global Accounting Policies and Procedures with an emphasis on compliance with US GAAP. Coordinating with Corporate departments, Business Units and Hotels as necessary.
- Overseeing the control sub-certification process and supporting efforts related to management's conclusions on the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Participating in special projects, as needed
- Assist business unit teams and finance organization with the implementation and consistent application of global accounting policies and compliance with US GAAP
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting, with a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of hotel industry accounting standards and previous hotel accounting experience a plusExperience working at a large multinational accounting firm (Big 4) a plus
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and significant experience with technical research
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master's degree in Accounting, preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience with financial reporting systems, particularly Oracle and Hyperion, a plus