Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with Tax Technology business development activities (e.g., preparation of proposals and engagement agreements, and attending prospect calls and meetings.)
- Provides project management support to client service teams and clients.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
- Develops client workplans and schedules associated with project deliverables.
- Manages processes to track adherence to project timelines and budgets that enable Ryan to notify clients should any material variances be identified or predicted.
- Reviews and distributes project status reports to all project stakeholders.
- Reviews templates and formats specifications for project deliverables for client review and approval.
- Defines project success criteria and creates the metrics to enable them to be measured.
- Creates, maintains, and executes communication plans and communication protocols.
- Reviews, maintains, and executes project escalation and remediation policies.
- Reviews documentation created by the project team, confirming business and system processes performed for tax determination, and works with the team and clients to help review, define, and document existing transaction taxprocesses.
- Provides project management support to the delivery team as they configure tax automation software solutions and assumes responsibility for day-to-day project management duties.
- Reviews client deliverable documentation, including creating, composing, and editing written materials.
- Assists with client billing and financialforecasting.
- Creates and executes project workplans and enforces proper methodology and standards.
- Provides mentorship and training to staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of five to seven years of experience providing tax automation services is required. Accounting, Tax, or Information Technologydegrees are desirable. Certified Public Accountant designation is a plus. Project Management Professional (PMP) certified is preferred. Understanding of Software development lifecycles are a plus (SDLC, Agile, etc.). Deep knowledge of the software solutions is required, either Sabrix, Vertex, and/or Taxware.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft® Project, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research. Hands-on experience with transaction tax integration touch points with a major enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, such as Oracle, JDE, PeopleSoft, or SAP, is preferred. Experience with Vertex, Sabrix, Taxware, or other tax software is highly desirable.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required. PMP is a plus.
This position requires supervisory responsibilities.