Geller’s key client is a leading multi-billion dollar financial services company that outsources its finance organization to Geller. This includes financial planning, analysis and reporting; budgeting and forecasting; and accounting and tax work, with strategic and operational oversight of compensation, capital expenditures, real estate and other worldwide areas. Geller provides world-class finance, accounting and strategic outsourced solutions to CFOs and other senior-level financial decision makers.
The Tax Director will assume a senior leadership role within the Tax team and will be groomed to be the successor for the Head of Taxation for the client.
The Tax Director will service the client and work closely with, be groomed by, and ultimately assume oversight of workflow currently run by the Head of Taxation. This includes, but is not limited to: managing and being responsible for all domestic and foreign tax planning and defense; setting and implementing the strategy for the department; talent management; and identifying best practices around service levels.
Along with other senior members of the group, the Tax Director will function as a key relationship manager with shareholders and senior business heads as well as Treasury, the CFO organization, and additional key financial stakeholders. The tax group delivers planning as well as deal and entity structuring guidance while also overseeing the review process for all tax compliance, leveraging a team of over 30 tax professionals across Federal, State and Local, and International tax, and Transfer Pricing.
- Leading a team carrying out Federal tax planning for a multi-national entity (“MNE”) while also coordinating and working with the International, State and Local, and Transfer Pricing tax teams
- Partnering with CFO teams and outside advisers to determine tax implications of new products/lines of business.
- Partnering with and managing outside advisers and counsel on transaction planning, including contract language in M&A transactions, evaluating both Federal and foreign tax implications and tax optimization strategies
- Managing and being responsible for Federal audit defense, and working with the International and Transfer Pricing teams on audits in foreign jurisdictions
- Working with Transfer Pricing team and outside advisers on transfer pricing matters including implementation of transfer pricing policy
- Working with the other Tax Directors and foreign tax advisers and work with various tax authorities on tax treaty matters, including Advance Pricing Agreements and Mutual Agreement Procedures
- Interfacing with the other Tax Directors and outside auditors and tax accounting team on ASC 740 reserve calculations and other financial statement matters, including disclosures
- Assisting tax compliance teams as needed in evaluating complex tax technical matters
- Working with client and internal personnel on tax aspects of systems issues
- Managing tax team members, providing leadership and mentorship, growing and developing junior managers and providing active involvement and training of tax team members
What you’ll offer:
- 20+ years of experience
- Professional Services and/or Corporate experience required
- Strong tax technical skills, both Federal and International tax
- Excellent writing and verbal skills; ability to prepare both technical communications for tax professionals and tax communications for non-tax senior management
- Strong management skills with ability to manage teams comprised of junior and senior tax team members, providing mentorship and training
- Pro-active ability to develop relationships with key personnel in other departments (e.g. Treasury and Accounting) as well as CFOs to communicate with wide levels of personnel re tax issues
- Develop strong relationships with outside advisers both inside and outside the US
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to quickly establish priorities
We’d love to see:
- JD or CPA; an LL.M or MST in Tax
- Strong partnership and joint-venture experience