The Director of Tax is primarily responsible for all aspect of tax operations in a global environment, including strategic tax planning, tax compliance, incentives and credits as well as tax provision in relation to the Company's financial statements under both US GAAP and IFRS. This position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Lead the ASC 740 application and preparation process, ensuring quality review and delivery
- Develop sound strategic planning based on the Company's dynamic business growth and development; implement and maintain optimal transfer pricing and other tax planning components
- Lead international statutory tax compliance; ensuring quality and timeliness of reporting
- Lead credits and incentives initiatives regarding real estate development and energy consumption, in both US state and local as well as international jurisdictions
- Advise business partners on tax implications of new/complex transactions and provide timely analysis
- Lead coordination with all external tax advisors and optimize outsourcing operating model
- Lead communications with all internal stakeholders in gaining solid understanding of dynamic business needs to stay ahead of business issues and provide tax advices
- Responsible for managing issues related to international financial reporting and work closely with the Accounting group in financial statements delivery relevant to tax deliverables.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communications, both written and verbal, in leading teams and coordinating with peers and other disciplines on driving projects/issues to closure.
- Commitment to organizational excellence and constant awareness to seek opportunities to improve processes/quality of deliverables.
- Superb ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/responsibilities
- Superb ability to meet committed timelines, leveraging assistance/input from peers
- Strong and effective team player in working with various disciplines and peer groups; can cover all gamut of tasks required to 'getting a job done'
- Strong attention to details
- 10+ years of managerial responsibilities covering tax operations and reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience in applying complex planning as related to international tax planning and operations
- Experience in lease and real estate transactions a strong plus
- Experience in the Data Center industry, Construction or Real Estate environments a plus