We have an excellent opportunity for highly motivated individual to assume the Director of Transfer PricingRisk Management, Audits and Controversy role within the Tax organization.
The organization offers opportunity to be part of a growing tax department. and manage transfer pricing across the region. Job responsibilities subject to change based upon alignment of processes within the organization.
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Primary responsibilities include:
- You'll lead the development and maintenance of processes to proactively assess and mitigate global tax risk across the tax life cycle.
- Manage federal/state tax audit and controversy matters including responses to information requests, evaluation of proposed adjustments and defense of unagreed tax positions in examination, appeals and litigation proceedings as required.
- You'll monitor and provide strategic support/oversight regarding non-US audit and controversy matters.
- Support the identification, assessment and reporting of FIN48 tax reserves.
- You'll advise and partner with tax compliance and planning groups in the management of tax risk, including preparation and/or review of key tax return disclosures (e.g. Schedule UTP and Reportable Transactions). Development of advance audit files and records management policies. Consult on matters of tax procedure.
- General tax research and analysis in support of various corporate functions, including Executive Compensation/HR, Legal, Payroll and Real Estate groups
Education / Certifications:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, finance or related area.
- Advanced degree (JD or MST) and/or CPA preferred. would be a plus.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Experience in managing tax audit and controversies
- 10+ years of experience in the sophisticated tax practice of a large corporation, law firm or accounting firm.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities and identify critical paths for resolution.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand complex tax concepts and apply business facts
- Knowledge of US taxation of international transactions
- Ability to recognize key issues and effectively communicate those to management and service providers in an articulate and concise manner
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability and desire to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with others throughout Tax, Legal and Finance organizations
- Good business sense and creative problem solving skills
- Ambitious, able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Able to multitask and have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork – desire to work with others and share responsibilities