What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you'll be doing:
Accounting for Taxes
- Oversee accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) in the US and International subsidiaries
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues
Compliance & Audits
- Ensure all required returns, reports, and payments are timely filed and documented
- Confirm accurate and timely filing of US tax returns for foreign entities
- Figure out proper treatment and documentation of transactions in US tax returns
- Ensure all internal controls over tax processes are designed and operating properly
- Oversee all federal and state audits
- Develop and approve responses to inquiries from various tax authorities
- Ensure all cross-border transactions and transfer pricing issues are properly documented and supported for tax filing purposes
Planning & Strategy
- Develop tax planning initiatives, strategies, and recommendations to ensure most effective tax position and cash impact
- Provide tax impact analysis of proposed transactions and develop tax efficient approaches for each transaction
- Evaluate tax issues for acquisition targets and implement same for acquired companies
- Present tax matters to Board of Directors and senior management
- Stay abreast of US tax law changes to identify potential planning opportunities or issues
- Review proposed and enacted legislation to determine impact and need for additional tax reserves
- Proactively establish strong relationships with all key stakeholders, including operations and finance management, as well as external auditor and tax advisors
- Understand, anticipate, and balance the competing objectives of stakeholder
- Ensure that AWI maintains up-to-date tax expertise
- Lead and participate in process improvement activities to redesign, standardize, and automate tax accounting and reporting processes
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area
- 10+ years of related experience with a publicly traded company and at least 2+ years in a public accounting firm
- Master’s Degree in Business Taxation
- JD and/or CPA
- Previous experience in a leadership role within a tax department